mucous plug/ bloody show... Any1???

edited June 2012 in Labor
Ok so about 9 days ago i lost a big lib of mucous & 2day i went 2 Dr & Im dilated to almost 4... then about 2 hours ago i lost a long mucousy thing with blood... I think it was the rest of my mucous plug... How long after all of u lost ur mucous plug did u go into active labor.... fyi i have been contracting but my.cervix wasn't changing so they were sending me home... Im 37 weeks & 1 day...

Comments

• I had lost mine but never went into labor. I lost it, then 10 days later I was induced at 40.6 b.c. I had pre e.
  • When I lost my plug it was about 12hrs before I started having really strong contractions...31hrs later I had my son!
  • I lost mine around 8 at night had my son5hours later.
  • I lost mine and weeks later still nothing i got induced at 39 weeks because i was dilated to a 5 for sometime and was still not in active labor. I remember my dr told me that when u lose your mucus plug it doesnt really mean your going to go into labor it just means your body is preparing its dilating. So who knws when your labor will start.. good luck though hun i knw im ready for this pregnancy to b over with im 29 weeks..
  • About 3 weeks(from start to finish)...but when I lost my bloody show my water broke just a few hours later. Blood show doesn't look anything like the mucus plug btw...it honestly looks like a big blobby bloody turd(yuk).
  • I went into labor next day after loosing mucous plug, i was 37 weeks 3 days. They sent me home too, i was contracting every 2 mins but was only 1 cm... i was home for 5 hrs until the pain was unbarable... went back to LnD and was 5 cm.... few hrs later my baby boy was born. Walk walk walk, and use a medicine ball and hot shower is what got me to progress.
  • And do not take a sleeping pill if they give it to you!
  • Both children, I went into labour that day and gave birth the next day :)
  • Weeks prior. Your entire mucous plug fills an entire measuring cup plus more. When my labor finally started at 38 weeks, I had (TMI) a TON of pure bloody mucous.
  • Both my cousin & coworker lost theirs and the next day their waters broke.