Obama and House Reject Gender Selection Ban

edited June 2012 in Current Events
I can't find the old thread, but the bill to make gender selected abortions illegal was rejected by Obama and the house. While I may be extremely pro-choice, this upsets me incredibly!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree @armahnismommy. I think after 15 weeks they should be illegal unless under medical circumstances.
  • Gah. Yet another thing the man effs up. Disgusting. In India, it's against the law to tell people gender for this exact reason. Why become pregnant if there's a 50% chance you're going to kill your baby?
  • @RTMommy, agreed! This is why 3D ultrasound places will not see you if you haven't received prenatal care already. They are afraid women will pay out of pocket for gender determination and abort. Planned parenthood won't tell you what the sex of your baby is during the dating ultrasound (if you're far enough) to prevent the same thing.
  • edited June 2012
    I think they should ban abortions altogether, there's no reason on killing a child regardless of their growth. Sickning...
  • I am pro-choice but I think if the person has anymore than 2 abortions they should be fixed right then and there. One time she messed up the second time she new better (unless it is for medical reasons).
  • I know but I don't think people should be able to use abortion as a form of bc.
  • Maybe there was something specific about the bill he didn't like. Not that he's against the idea of what was presented.
  • @mama_Kat yep! That documentary was from a while ago. Planned parenthood has restrictions on telling gender and won't do it. However, if a woman states that's her reason, they can't legally reject her from a termination. I've done a lot of volunteer work for them. The law wouldn't have punished the woman, but providers that knowingly terminated for gender selection. Wish it had been passed.
  • @mama_kat, I agree. I was horrified. A PP counselor is not allowed to advise a patient on what they "should do". She violated so many policies. I hope she was fired.
  • She was! It's horrifying that so many people find PP to be some evil, evil place. This video made it even worse. They only perform less that ONE percent terminations. Everything else is women's wellness!
  • Is this it no link though
  • I read an article on how women that do ivf and getpregnant with mutiples terminate one of the twins or two of the triplets bc they only want one baby. I cried it was horrible and to think if the surviving twin ever found out that their mom aborted their twin (which could have been them) I don't think it would be something that could be easily forgotten. I think that should be illegal. You run the risk of having multiples while doing fertility treatment. If you only want one they should adopt!
  • Omgosh this is heartbreaking! I'll take the babies! I might struggle and go crazy but at least they'll be loved and have a good Mama :-( I have five girls and I wanted a boy really bad but I'd never not want my baby just because it's not what I wanted. I wohldnt trade having my five girls for anything! People make me sick.
  • @0811 thx sooo much hun! You're a lifesaver:)
  • edited May 2013
    @sehra4177 no problem, your welcome, hope this helps you!!! Good luck!!! :-D