ughhhh. son is frustrating the crap out of me! breastfeeding and solids.

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
My 6 and a half month old son won't stop putting his damn fingers in his mouth while he is nursing. If they aren't in his mouth they and pinching me or smacking. Why?! He didn't always do this. Someone suggested keeping his feeding far apart. That a hungry baby won't want to play, but just eat. Not true for my son.

It aggrivates me so much that I think about just stopping nursing. Which I don't want to do.

Is he doing this b.c. he's teething? Or maybe wanting solids? I don't really heed him any solids. But might start soon if he keeps this up. My son never sits still. He's constantly moving. So feeding him food is frustrating. When I nannied the mom had me wrap the baby up in a towl so she couldn't move. This made it easy to feed her. But my mom said Mason needs to learn how to fit there and not chew on his fingeres or attack the spoon.

Comments

• It is normal hun. Mine is the same way. Even with food he does it. I just continue to stop and relatch.
  • Malia did the same around that time, I did what captivated suggested.
  • Another thing is he pretends to stretch and pull my nipple with him. Most the time he let's go then freaks out b.c. the latch broke. He'll do it over and over again. My nipples are now more sore then when we first started nursing.
    @captivated
  • I hope Mason understands quickly that boobie time is not play time!
  • And I can't just hold his hand b.c. then he freaks out and wiggles like crazy. And when I give him a stern look and tell him no he either 1. Bites me. Or 2 smiles/laughs at me. Or 3. Does both!
  • My lil one just turn 6 today and he's doing the same it's driving me nuts but I'm deff not quitting bf he's my last one!