grr men and there xboxs

Grr venting, me and bf are ttc for our 2nd baby and were supossed to be limiting things we buy, like not buying things we don't need, well a few weeks ago he asked if he could buy a new xbox game, he's already braught loads l8ly or I wudent of minded, so I said no, today while he was at work a package came in the post, held only gone and ordered it behind my back!!! And its just reli upset me held go behind my back after I've said no, I mean its not like I would normally mind but where supoosed to be saving and he's already braught like 3 or 4 this yr only march grrrr sorry 4 the pointless rant lol

Comments

• If he still wants to play the newest games on the market but you both are trying to save money, you might can compromise. For $8 a month, he can rent whatever games he wants to, keep them as long as he wants, and not spend a boatload of cash doing it. I agree with you, though, going behind your back was no way to go about things.
  • edited March 2011
    You should have sent it back... "return to sender" lol, I'm sorry girl, I was gonna suggest the same as @fingerscrossed, that's what we do, its beats him buying expensive games just to finish them in a couple weeks and buy another...
  • I got same problem hun don't worry. I got 10 days to go I needed bedding for Moses basket he brought xbox game said he forgot about the Moses basket. So his mum had to buy it. And I'm realy up for sex for once he is too scared too so to avoid it he just plays the xbox :/ sometimes you just wanna break it , don't mind him playing it but hey I'm starting to get jelouse of the control he touches it more than me lol. I would hide his game see if he confronts you about it x
  • @fingerscrossed this ones off a website play proberly so will b 2nd hand so cheeper but nt the point the other day with my own money ( I know its bad to buy baby stuff to early etc) but there was a pack of 2 tshirts with dumbo and the mouse on really really cute only £6pnd and was last 1 left and he said no save the money and ull find something better then orders a game grrr

@kkmommy I would but gna hide it and see if he says anything about it, I wondered why he kept asking about what post has been :/

@cherry_bump now that's bad, least his mums suportive enuff to buy u one :) and I knw the feeling about sex, I dnt fancy it tht mch now let alone when I am pregnant lol but he's alwayyyys on his soon as he gets in from work till bed and I say like it pissis me off then hell turn it off I go toilet or something come down and its back on :@
  • @georgias_mummy I was also gonna suggest hiding it but thought maybe you had already given it to him... my guy is the same with his Playstaion, comes home from work and its on sometimes til 5 or 6 in the morning, its ridiculous. Even if I'm watching tv, he will just come turn on his game, like I'm not even there. I want to throw it out the window, but then he would just buy a new one lol, can't win...
  • I make my hubby trade in old games to get new ones so he doesn't spend any money if there is nothing he wants to trade in he doesn't get new games.
  • @kkmommy hes still at work its 10.20am here got till 5 to hide it somewhere, and yer bf does tht just turns it on when I'm in middle of something, good thing I can record programmes so. Cn wathch them when he's at work, but that's only when my lil girl gets distracted with toys for me to turn off cartoons lol xx
  • @tammy yeah I used 2 make him do that now he says there isent any he doesent play which is rubbish because atleast a 3rd of them he hasent touched this year, I'm going to make him go through them when he gets back 2nyt xx
  • @georgias_mummy lol same here, my 2 yr old daughter loves her Disney shows so my stuff just sits on the DVR til I get a minute to watch half of something lol, hide it under the mattress, guys never look there unless that's their hiding spot lol
  • @kkmommy same I have disneycinamagic on all day :/ I love disney films but not the same every dayyy lol and I've hid it inbetween the couch :) xxx
  • @georgias_mummy Lol, I gotta get to bed but I can't wait to hear how this pans out, good luck to you and I'm sorry you have to deal with a silly boy just like me...
  • Are you talking about my husband??! LOL BC it sounds just like him! Except I put my foot down let him know how I felt and he knows if I'm around he's not playing for long. We're good at working through things had like 2 months of marriage counseling before we got married. I have taken over the Xbox lol we have kinect so I do zumba.. now he's talking about we should buy a second Xbox YEA RIGHT!! lol. Ugh!! Men!
  • @lily_glz we have kinect his excuse 4 tht was so are lil girl could play kinectamals and then he braught me biggist looser nt touched it yet I like my wii fit, and nw he wants a playstaiton 3 for upstairs. Not gunna happen!!! I dnt mind every so oftern cos I was the same with clothes but now ild rarther save 4 the baby, the cot I want isent cheep lol but do u really need that many games lol xx
  • Coming from a guys point of view I feel its like a new car for a guy or a gun but a lot cheaper and he gets bragging rights its a big deal for guys I agree its messed up to go behind your back not smart. I got gamefly now you could surprise him with a membership its cheaper then a new game a month but there are some games we just feel have to have so compromise tit for tat he gets something so do you. Not saying it will help but who knows
  • @nihilist thts wht the deal used 2 b if he gt a new game ild get shoes or something :) bt the rule was ment to be no stuff 4 us as we need stuff 4 a baby when I'm blessed. I mean a babys expensive wether u have a lot of money or not etc, but I know like men need there release etc like I have mine a nyt in (as its cheeper) with my m8 etc so if we cud ild say have all the games u want and ill have all the clothes etc I want :) compared 2 most girls I'm nt tht bad lol jst behind my back is worst bit :/ owell games hidden let's c how long takes for him 2 admit it lol :)
  • @Georgias_mummy

His mum has been amazing bless her! Oh I so know what you mean work, xbox , hour of tv so I can watch my eastenders , xbox back on then bed. He works nights aswell! I know we moan I just think they need to balance it all out beter. Hope it changes when babys here!

I'm proud of you for hiding the game :) go you!
  • OMG I hate Xbox!! its my husbans life right now...all he does is bring friends over everyday and play 24/7! I was fine with it at first but now its gone too far! so I hid the games the he usually plays and told him he needs a break!! it worked...not sure for how long. hopefully he dosent go buy more games...
  • Lol I think its funny that you hid the games but its a good way for a guy to relax is gaming but I believe there should be a limited amount of time I know mine went down a lot with the birth of my son had other things to do now we have a daughter on the way and I'm sure my time will be less. But I wouldn't change a thing
  • :( my girl ratted me out and told him and he was like sorry I did buy u a book (1 I wanted) thinking they would come on same day so I wouldent be as mad lol and yeah there shud be a limited time @nihilist tell me bf tht 2 lol tht a kid comes 1st cos sometimes seems he forgets :p xx
  • I was saving up for a 360 before I got pregnant. My gaming will have be on the back burner for awhile.
  • I think that guys have a lot on their minds too. I let my guy do his xbox thing because it allows him to a stress reliever. Sometimes he plays online with his friends but I still get to sit by his side. I usually read :)
  • @TxMom2Be I normally cuddle and watch him play dead rising :) bt when its from 5 when he gets in till 10 11 its 22222 much hehe
  • @cherry_bump don't break it, they will just go buy a new one, that's what I did & he got a new one over the weekend needless to say, when taxes come back he's not getting anything.

But the way I look at it, i'm to tired to do anything anyway I only have 9 weeks left so I just decided let him play so I can have me time.
  • Oh I would never break it I know he would get new one. Don't wanna waste money! He can play it just we need a balance and yeah its his time to relax like I have my time in bath and stuff. Not long left so we shall see LOL
  • @georias_mummy that's just too many game consoles! Don't let him get the ps3.. thank goodness my husbands been working an then we have my sons baseball practice when he gets off, he was in bed before 9 today! No cod on xbox! Haha.. he usually plays on the weekends but its fine with me as long as we have tme for us also
  • I would say find a game that you like and buy it. Or try to get into one of the ones he plays. I thought it was so stupid until I just gave up and played with him. Halo and call of duty are great ways to get out some anger and blast some sh*t!
  • U ladies are lc
  • Stupid phone I said u ladies are lucky I have to deal with the xbox and playstation 3 its like its his life
  • Omg I know the feeling! I'm 18 weeks and for the last 18 weeks he's been on it almost every night! It makes me so mad! Its bulllllsh*t! :(
  • I love dead rising, he also plays halo and cod but they drive me madddd lmao xx