Anyone going to be pregnant while their Other Half is on tour?

edited March 2011 in Military moms
I have just found out that I am pregnant, I'm 25, it's my first time, very scary... My Boyfriend of 7 years has been in the Royal Marines for the last year and a half now and is going on his first tour in Afghanistan from the 20th Of March until September... Pretty okay timing really because I'm due in November and when he's back he will have from Sep-Jan off! :)

Anybody else going to be minus a partner throughout some/all their pregnancy? x

Comments

• I am due the end of August abner my hubby is currently deployed to Iraq. He comes home in May. At least they are home for the majorimportant last months and the birth. Stay strong. Feel free to email me xaubreyannax@yahoo.com
  • edited March 2011
    Not this time around my Marine is at home, however my first pregnancy he was in Iraq the whole time, he came home about 2mnths before I had my son. you can definitely contact me if you need to talk.
  • Yep...my Hubby leaves soon and we just found out :( its going to be tough!
  • Ya mines will be in afghan for most of my pregnancy hopefully he comes home for r&r
  • Its going to be tough, but we can share with eachother and give advice/support :) best wishes to everyone who is expecting and I hope you have a nice smooth pregnancy... Thanks @qweennique, that's sweet of you :) xo
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im 21 weeks preggo and my Marine is on a meu for 7 months, he wont be here for the birth, they wont let him come, and he missed the birth of our first child too. This is so hard, I need him and I miss him like crazy, especially now that im so emotional. This is our first deployment too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Are yours american or uk marines, I'm in the uk here... I'm sure we'll all be fine... Can't wait until he gets afghanistan out if the way with :( x
  • I just found out I'm pregnant and my husband is leaving in July for 7 months.
  • My husband was gone while I was preg with my daughter I got lucky he made it home in time. He did miss the birth of our first by 4 hours.
  • edited March 2011
    Mine is a U.S. Marine :X
  • Heyyy @sands3 congrats!! Think I've seen other posts by you saying you have been trying for a while...I'm very happy for you :) x
  • @Rachy606 thank you so much!!!
  • A lot of u are lucky I'm due september 20 and my husband leaves october 1 for his 2nd deployment since we have been together he first left after we got married in 2009 and now is leaving 2 weeks after our first baby is born:(
  • I'm due at the end of september and my husband has already left for training. He will be overseas some time this summer and will most likely miss the birth. The baby will be at least 5 or 6 months old when he gets back.
  • My hubby left to day for boot camp/ tech school. He'll be back a month before I'm due. He's my rock, I'm going to have a hard time without him but at least he'll get to be here for the birth.
  • We found out 2 days before he went to afghan and we are due 2 weeks after he gets back!! Fingers crossed our baby doesn't make an early appearance!!
  • My husband leaves for basic at 14wks of pregnancy n will be there 20wks with ait.. I'm praying he's home for the birth..
  • My husband leaves for Afgan in April, he'll be gone for a year and I'm due in Nov. He will miss everything.
  • My husband has been in the u.s. army for 9 years luckily for our first child he was home for the whole pregnancy, including birth. Our first child came after his 3rd deployment which was 15 months. We are one our second child and he has been home for most of the pregnancy but he leaves on his 5th deployment for 12 months on may 25th the baby is due June 2nd.. I wished he would be able to be home for the birth, he is completely bumbed about no being able to be here when he leaves so close to the birth.
  • My hubbie deploys april and im due in july so he wont be there for the birth of first 10 months of our sons life, you ladys that get ur bd back r so lucky
  • @wisecourt that's so sad to hear...it's hard enough being without him, and to know he's going to miss out on the birth and the first 10 months must be heartbreaking. Takes a strong couple to get through stuff like that. Take care and I hope he stays safe x
  • My hubby was gone more than home training and than Iraq with our first its not easy but if you keep yourself busy time goes by fast. My hubby sure said now I know what I didn't miss while I was gone. Lol he was referring to the mood swings nausea vomiting etc
  • My hubby got leave for the birth and didn't see his son again until he was 11month old. They miss so much in the first year.
  • edited March 2011
    Hey everyone, this is my son's 1st baby & he is I'm the National
    Guards deployed in Afganastan but he should be back before baby come, baby due in nov/dec & he'l be back in july/aug so plenty of time >:D<
  • I said earlier my hubby was leaving in July, well we just found out he's now leaving in 2 weeks. He will miss the whole pregnancy and birth.
  • My fiance and I just found out were expecting.. luckily he was switched out of active duty last year because of his ptsd.. but he's still reserves therefor still has to go to training once every 3 months.. and he's also now truck driving.. he's only home on the weekends.. but sadly we still live really far away from eachother so we don't get to see eachother often.. so he's going to end up missing out on a good majority of this pregnancy.. its going to be hard but I'm told life is hard..
  • Well im due Nov 3 and my husband due out Nov 15th and could b b4 then with all thats going on the the world :-(
  • My hubby is leaving tomorrow. They say he won't get to come home for the birth. If were lucky he will be home before Christmas, but our baby is due Nov.