excited

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
I'm super excited to be able to have another chance to breastfeed. I just hope I can make it through the hard part this time. I'm convinced my first was an alligator. She would get on my nipple and chomp her way fully latched which is what made me so sore. Anyone have some good advice to avoid it getting too bad? I'm hoping to be smarter the second time around cause i want the full experience and bonding time with my baby.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I too almost gave up, but I didn't and I attribute it to...

1. Attending a ” what to expect when BF class.

2. Hiring a LC (ensuring proper latch, reassurance and support).

3. Took advantage of a BF support group! *lifesaver!*

4. Told people to mind their own business when they thought they were being supportive, by telling me ”I've tried my best and maybe it's not meant to be.”

5. I advocated for my wants and refused to give up!!

I have to say that you are fortunate to have a few ladies here that are certified and are more than willing to provide support.

Good luck! I am proud of you for preparing yourself in advance. Knowledge is power. You can do it!
  • I think the beginning is hard no matter what. But after that month or two, its prettty much smooth sailing! Yes, there will be little hurdles, but knowledge & support really help you get through them. Eventually, you'll be like 'why was that so hard?' Lol. You'll feel like a pro. Remember, anything hard you may go through, someone else is and/or has been through the same thing. Good luck :)
  • Thanks ladies @caroline8_p @mijita i just want these next 3 weeks to fly by so i can start :) and meet my new baby girl