cooking for my sisters baby shower..help!

edited June 2012 in Baby showers
Ok so I'm gonna be cooking most of the food for my sisters baby shower. The side dishes will be easy. But she wants bbq chicken cutlet sandwiches and roast beef sandwiches. We're expecting about 25 ppl. Can anyone help me with some recipes or directions on how to do this?? Lol simplicity is key here ;)

Comments

• i have no clue but heres a bump
  • Bump... Im not the greatest cook so im no help but GOOD LUCK! youre brave. ;)
  • Lol thanks :)
  • man D: D: D: someone must have some ideas, have you tried google?? google is my best friend when it comes to searching for stuff
  • Yea but its hard to find recipes for large amounts. @Janet_2011 I'll probably just wing it lol
  • Just do what you can, she should be greatful that you are at least going to try :-D
  • This is super easy to tackle... @starrxoxo9

Roastbeef...
    In a slow cookery
    Add
    Roastbeef
    2-3 packages of lipton onion soup
    Add any kind of beer to the bottom about 1/2 inch...

Sit back and watch the magic. After about 4 hours pull apart with a fork and add a bottle of barbque sauce.
  • edited June 2012
  • @ynvtish I don't have a slow cooker :(
  • Oh and I'm not gonna bread the cutlets that would be too much work lol I'm just gonna do them BBQ
  • Ahh!! You need a slow cookery for sure. My crock pot is my bff. Lol maybe you could do the roast beef in the oven, just cook it low like ~275-300 for several hours instead...covered with foil so it doesn't dry out. There has to be a way to improvise. You got this! :)
  • You can just double or triple the recipe you find..
  • This is one of the reasons why I never pressured my friends n family for a baby shower lol
  • You can do a slow cook on the stove. You just have to watch it that it doesn't simmer out and burn. I always do mine in the oven. Does she want sliced or shredded roast beef? BBQ or no? The chicken cutlets...dark meat..white meat? I'll pm you my number so you can text me if you get stuck. I cook all my meals from scratch and have like over a thousand recipe cards lol..I'm sure I could find something for you!
  • @0utlaw_sphinx sliced roast beef with the au ju sauce, and the cutlets will be white meat bbq.
  • @starrxoxo9. I would do it in the oven then. I like to leave mine a little pink in the middle..but to keep it tender I stab the roast with a ice pick or something like that (sharp skinny knife) and submerge is warm salt water for a couple hrs. The removed, rub with salt, wrap, and place in fridge. The next day wash the roast and roast til your desired "done-ness" I usually just slice a bit off and look at it. Pkgd au jus would probably be easiest in party quantities. If you can debone chicken, the buying bone in chicken breast would be cheaper...but, if not...boneless skinless would be best. Cut the hum half and pound the hell out of them until flat (with a meat mallet). Heat olive oil over med-high heat and sear the cutlets to keep moistness. Bake, broil, or grill them. BBQ sauce is really simple. Bottle of ketchup over low heat, add brown sugar until it becomes a nice red brown color (usually at least 2 cups). I like to add a dash of vinegar, mince fresh onion and garlic. Yum.
  • @starrxoxo9 * breast not hum..not sure why it autocorrected to that. Anyway..in half cross wise.