Stopping...

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding... OUCH!!! Thats all I have to say!!! My boobies hurt!!! Have not pumped in 36hrs or so and they are just now starting to get hard. Middle of work too!! Grrrrrr...

Comments

• Sage Tea will help you to dry up. Frozen or chilled cabbage leaves. Personally, I think stopping breastfeeding is just as painful as when your milk comes in, when your body thinks you need enough milk for 7 babies. :|
  • edited June 2012
    Have you tried expressing just a little bit? Wrap them up tight with some COLD cabbage leaves on your nipples
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate We have not bf since last friday. He is not getting enough and started losing significant weight. He was only bf'ing 1 or 2 times a day anyways and bottles the rest. We had to put him on formula for his benefit.

Anywho I ended up pumping when I got home and only got about 8oz anyways. Thats ok. Its bagged, tagged and frozen now... he still does one breastmilk bottle a day.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate I go back and forth. I dont want to stop completely but then a part of me does. My hubby says its up to me but its hard watching me get upset when I only pump a couple ounces even with doing the 'extras' and as fusterated as I got with our sons growth. So Im torn on it...
  • Quitting breastfeeding was the most painful thing I have ever done! The pain stops after a few days but it hurts. Cold cabbage leaves wrapped tight helped a lot
  • I slowly weaned my baby (took away a feeding every 5 days), I then thought I was engorged and such when I was done. Turned out I had mastitis! Keep an eye on your symptoms that stuff can be sneaky
  • @doodles Yikes... I will do that (When I actually decided what to do!! Lol) Thanks!!