What do I do??? Help:(

edited June 2012 in Relationships
Im getting sooo impatient everyone around me is getting engaged. I know me and my bf/bd have only been together for 1 1/2 and our dd is 6months. We talk about it all the time and our future together like buying a house more kids and that we will get married. But I cant handle everyone around me getting engaged. I am happy for them dont get me wrong but a little part of me dies when I congratulate them. Heeelllp I seriously think im going to get depressed waiting what do I do?

Comments

• Theres not much you can do.. either wait for him to propose or do it your self..
  • Have you talked to him about it? What's the hesitation? I only ask because some people get stuck up on the title and forget about the big picture. Are funds tight right now, is he not ready, just bad timing, is he scared? There is a reason.

I'm trying to look at the realistic side of things. Say for example funds are tight and you try to buy a ring, making things tighter will only cause stress. Stress that can ruin even the best of relationships.

I say have a serious talk with him. Tread the waters lightly, as you may not like what you hear.

Good luck!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I say let him do it when he is ready I wouldn't keep talking about it cause that maybe making him even more nervous and then he may start to feel like he have to and you don't won't him to feel like that cause then things won't work out .....me and my fiance have been together ever since high school we moved in together when he came back from Iraq.... I was ready to get married cause we been together so long but he wasn't ready I had to let him grow up once we had out daughter that's when he knew he was ready......he told me that if he did it when I kept bring it up then he would have be forcing it and not doing it when he was ready. And things wouldn't have worked out cause he still would have been immature
  • @Janet_2011 No way I could never do it myself!i seriously get so sad about it.
    @Mijita yes we both talk about it... Its not just me. I guess money is tight per say. I mean we dont live paycheck to paycheck but we dont have so much to throw around. I guess I just want the validation.
    @ArmahnisMommy oh no I could never. I am way to traditional!
    @Jazzie he will be 27 this year we have done our growing up. He just gets lazy sometimes in the romatic department! Ugggggh
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ArmahnisMommy haha oh! He would say yes!
  • giRl ive been wondering the same thing. We've been together a lil over 5 yrs and nothing we always talk about his response ids he doesnt know where to begin lol i love him! i tell him google it; (hes always on google) lol
    i think in our situation is $ he says hes if hes gna purpose hes gna do it big. lol I told him in that we're nvr getting married lol

Like the girls say give it time
  • @Val and @BlessedTXMom oh heeeelll nooooo hahaha;) he always says he wants to have another baby but after we get married but doesnt want the kids to be more the 2 years 3 years apart tops!
  • edited June 2012
    .o
  • 1 1/2 yrs?? Psshhh try 8!!! Lol
  • I've been with my bf for 8 yrs. and we have 2 kids and I'm still waiting
  • @blushing_mommy & @val i have the same problem! we've been together for 3 years and have an 8 month old daughter. Everytime we talk about it it turns into an argument. grr stupid men.. he says he wants to do it on HIS terms and when were all settled and moved into a house and have a nice car..... grrr wtf im not guna wait forever and he knows getting married is my dream. but i made up my mind and if he dont do it this year im out!
  • oh yeah and he says he wants to do it big and buy me a realllly nice ring.. this ring BETTER be covered in diamonds im getting so impatient lol
  • OK wife and I have been together 14yrs married for 6 years. We were engaged for 6 years roughly lol and the wedding only got bumped up because my family were all moving interstate. We planned our wedding in 6 weeks and I even helped make the wife's dress lol and all up think we spent about 5grand total including a week away.