favorite recipes

edited June 2012 in Food
Please share some of your favorite recipes to make, I need new things to cook :)
Or if anyone has a favorite cook book they'd recommend it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Hooray! I love posts like these and talking recipes. :) Here's a favorite of mine:

Bubble Up Pizza

2 cans (12oz) golden layer buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury Grands! Jr)
    1 jar (15oz) pizza sauce
    2 cups mozzarella cheese
    Your favorite pizza toppings - cooked sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, etc.
    Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut biscuits into quarters and place in medium bowl. Toss biscuits with pizza sauce. Add pizza topping and half of the cheese. Toss until well blended. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour biscuit mixture into pan and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or until biscuits are done.
  • Bump I need to explore more in that field as well..
  • This!!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/pasta-with-roasted-red-pepper-sauce-groan/

instead of pasta I use a spaghetti squash..and it tastes better too! :)
  • @Molly that sounds good my daughter would love that she loves pizza! Feel free to share all the recipes you have lol!
  • @Ericak22 yummy! I'll try it the way you do it !
  • Will do! I have a lot of recipes! Since your daughter likes pizza she'll love this:

Crescent Pepperoni Roll-Ups

1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
    40 slices turkey pepperoni
    4 pieces of mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
    Garlic powder
    Pizza sauce

Preheat oven to 375.

Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles. Place 5 slices of turkey pepperoni on each crescent roll. Top pepperoni with string cheese half and roll up. Sprinkle crescent rolls with garlic powder. Place rolls on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with a side of warm pizza sauce.
  • And here is something I made last week. Holy yum, they were good!

Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups

1 lb ground round
    1/2 cup ketchup
    4 tsp sugar
    4 tsp mustard
    4 tsp vinegar
    4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1 can (10-count) regular refrigerated biscuits
    1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cook meat slowly in skillet. Drain and put back in skillet. Add ketchup, sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and minced onion flakes. Cook slowly over low heat for 10 minutes, to allow meat absorb the sauce.

Separate dough into 10 biscuits; place each biscuit in ungreased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press dough in bottom and up side of each cup.

Divide meat mixture between biscuit cups. Top each biscuit with grated cheese.

Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
  • I have a yummy one, will have to post tmw.
  • Come on ladies post your recipes so once I have money to buy food I can try them. :)
  • Mushroom chicken pasta

Slightly fry any veggies on hand (spinach, bell peppers and mushrooms are my favorites!) Move to separate bowl
    Dice chicken and fry it, in a little oil, garlic, and any other seasonings you like (I usually do black pepper and cayenne, don't add salt tho!!)
    Boil some pasta (I prefer short pasta, it holds the sauce nicely)
    Add in a can of mushroom soup (or two for a larger family) and about a half can of milk or water with chicken, stir. Add back veggies and pasta until warmed through. Mix in shredded cheese if you desire.

• taco salad

tortillas
    oil
    chicken/ground beef/ground turkey
    sour cream
    salsa
    lettuce
    tomatoes
    bell peppers
    corn
    olives
    avocado
    A few empty POP cans
    tin foil
    (The veggies aren't a must have, just use whatever you have!!)

Brush tortillas with oil and a bit of seasoning (I use tex mex and a bit of salt & pepper) on both sides (1/person) cover POP can with tin foil, place on cookie sheet. draped tortillas over the cans. slightly mould them to the shape. bake at 325 for about 7 mns, take them out, flip them over remove POP can and foil, out back in oven for 5-7 mns (this helps them get crisp on the inside) fry up meat of your choice. drain excess oil/fat. cut up veggies and layer into the taco ols
  • *bowls top with meat & shredded cheese (if you like) and serve with sour cream and salsa.

sounds way harder than it is!!
  • Gosh reading all this recipes makes me realize i cant cook that good LOL
  • edited February 2013
  • http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookies/

This is my favorite cookie recipe. They r amazing. I dont add the walnuts and i use milk choc chips. everyone in my house gobbles em up right away.
  • just commenting so I can easily come back to this later. They all sound so good!
  • These all sound great, let's keep them coming :D
  • Bumpity bump
  • I'm back with another one for you. This is so delicious and very easy. Does it get any better than that?

Doritos Taco Bake

Ingredients

1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1 package taco seasoning
    1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
    8 oz sour cream
    1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    3/4 bag Doritos, crushed

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain off fat. Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce, simmer 5 minutes. Press crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9x13 pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Press seams to seal. Top crescent rolls with meat mixtures. Spread sour cream over meat. Top with cheese and crushed Dortios. Bake for 30 minutes.
  • This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. I make them for dinner, parties and dinner parties! The best part about it: there are only 3 ingredients!

Grape Jelly Meatballs

Ingredients

1 pound Frozen Meatballs (plain, Not Italian-style)

1-½ cup Chili Sauce

1 cup Grape Jelly

Directions

Throw the meatballs, chili sauce, and grape jelly into the slow cooker and give it a good stir. Place lid on cooker and set for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Stir occasionally.
  • @Molly.... Our family makes those meatballs for get togethers and parties also and OH MY GAWD they are so good!!!!
  • Budgetsavvydiva.com had yummy recipes. I live her peas :)