security item

edited June 2012 in Babies
How do I get my lo attached to one? She has a pacifier but still needs us to go to sleep. We need to stop that asap...she won't go to sleep unless she is touching us and it drives me nuts cause I always said I wouldn't be that parent. We have tried a little blanket that we call a silkie because of the silk fabric around the edges. She took to that for about a couple of days, now wants nothing to do with it. I have tried other things too but they are a no go as well. Any tips on how to get one to stick so she isn't needing us as much?

Comments

• @blessedtxmom thanks...maybe ill just keep giving her the silkie and maybe she will eventually take to it. I've tried those head blankets and she wants nothing to do with them.
  • Jack doesn't really have anything. He has a stuffed monkey in his crib but.he can sleep without it. He just loves his paci
  • Hayden. Has a blanket that she can't sleep without she has had it since she was a month old what we did was slept with it first so it smells like me and her dad and then gave it to her and she has been good ever since . She uses it every time she takes a nap or goes to bed
  • I will def have to try sleeping with her blanket then @mbaby1

@sands3 she really likes her paci too
  • Jake has a blanket that he always sleeps with nd this frog that is almost a puppet but just like a tiny blanket with a head.. he pretty much just started wanting it on his own. I have to take that frog EVERYWHERE AND I MEAN EVERYWHERE god forbid I loose it he cries if he doesn't see it around. It used to be this tigger and he pretty much just ditched that. Maybe play with a certain bear or something every night and baby will get used to it
  • @salasmommy yea I still put it in bed with her when we lay her down, she just throws it off to the side and reaches for us.
  • I'm n the same boat do u bf I do and I feel I'm he's paci he stoped wanting he's Pacific at 5 months so I'm it now
  • @roxy yes I do, but she takes a pacifier well. She hasn't used me as one since she was a newborn. I just need to get her on to something else so she doesn't need to hold our hands while she is falling asleep or when she wakes up in the middle of the night.
  • There is also a stage I'm not sure how old ur little one is but a stage where if they don't see you they cry my sons lasted a long time but its because he see
  • S me and only me 24/7
  • She is 7 months today @salasmommy she has started that, but I work 4 days out of the week, so she is with hubby two days and my parents the other two. She has been this way at bed time for a while now.
  • They have pacifiers that have animals attached to them maybe you could try that.
  • Really?! @eeyore I haven't seen those before.
  • They are made by soothies pacifiers they ate called wubbanub there really cute
  • I will def be looking into those! Thanks @eeyore
  • Your welcome