Sticky nipples....ughhh.

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
My nipples are so sticky...before my shower they are like crusty...n after I wake up my shirt is stuck to my nipps..could it be that now that im so close to my due date im lactating...???? Anybody else had or have this problem??

Comments

• Ah fun times Im 25 weeks and have been leaking fluid since 12 weeks it gets irritating Cotton Bras help me im just now having to start to use nursing pads cause mine are turning in to squirt guns.

Bump for you because i am not sure if its because it is closer to your EDD
    good luck!
  • Yep. :) You can try breast pads. I'm not near my due date and leak too.
  • edited June 2012
    Oh ok I started right after my preterm labor was slowed down...I remember the first time I was going to take a shower that my hubby was helping me he saw that my boobs were really red n hot...n stretch mark were appearing...could it have been that like my body was going into labor it was getting ready to start giving milk??? :/
    @fate
    @aubreysmommy
  • Lol no. The reason actual breastmilk comes is because after the placenta is released after you have your baby, the levels of the two hormones estrogen and progesterone drop, and the level of the hormone prolactin rises. Prolactin is responsible for actual breastmilk, in order for that to happen, your placenta needs to be out of your body.
  • edited June 2012
    Ohhh.....hey u learn something every day thank you @fate =)
  • Welcome! :)