why!?

edited June 2012 in Postpartum Health
Why am I in so much pain still??? I gave birth 7 days ago and I am in as much pain as when I was giving birth! In the hospital they were giving me tylenol 3s and ibporfin and it wasn't touching the pain so doc sent me home with loratab 5 and they aren't working ethier. It hurts to walk more now then when I was pregnant! Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• I had pain too . They said my uterus had to go back to normal size. It felt like the same pain as a contraction, is that what it feels like? Not the big 2 min apart contractions but it def feels painful. I only was able to take regular Tylenol, in the hospital they had Tylenol with codeine.
  • As far as suggestions I just dealt with it bc the Tylenol didn't help and they told me I couldn't have more Tylenol with codeine bc they didn't want to send me home on it. Plus I felt out of it on that stuff:(
  • They gave me Motrin and hydrocodine I think its called lol
  • Only Lortab 5s??! Call and ask for 7.5 or even Percocet. They should call it in for you.
  • edited June 2012
    I was sent home with 15 percocet, I never needed them though, I just took Motrin and dealt with the remainder of the pain. I would make a doc appt to see if they can give you something stronger if that's what you want. Hope you feel better soon
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Were you stitched at all? I know of someone who ended up being allergic to the stitches so they never desolved and she had HORRIBLE pain. I would definitely make a Dr appointment and get checked out. As for my pain, it felt worse after giving birth, so I feel you there. I took ibprofen and put ice in a snack size sandwich baggie (after I ran out of the amazing ice pack pads from the hospital) because it helped numb the pain. I also loved my tucks pads all up in that joint and my spray bottle with warm water. Also a salt bath might help. It'll sting like a mofo at first but it might help the healing process along.
    I hope you feel better soon!
  • I didn't have any stitches, but I'm now 9 days pp and just feeling worse then a few days ago! And now I getting fevers! I don't know what to do. This is my forth baby and I have never had such a bad recovery!
    @musicmomma
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.