sleeping

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
I don't remember with my other pregnancy still being able to sleep on my back I'm 21 weeks. Can anyone else still sleep on there back

Comments

• If I'm at an angle its ok, but it has to be like 3 pillows though
  • Im 38 weeks n I stillll wake up on my back all the time! I think it's because sleeping on my hips hurt so bad :/
  • It's weird I can still lay completely flat don't need pillows for support with my other pregnancy it felt like so much weight it was uncomfortable to sleep that way
  • @jesslang I wake up with hip pain when I lay on my side maybe that's why I wake up on my back sometimes
  • @debs I really think thats what it is. Our body is trying to find a comfortable position while were sleeping. My dr said long before it could cause any problems during sleep we would wake up :) so no harm done I guess
  • I usually start off on my back but wake up on my sides, either way I have pressure on my pelvic.
  • Just made ne concerned cause I thought you shouldn't sleep in your back have any of you lady heard of this and know why
  • I can't lay on my back completely. It was weird though, before I even found out I was pregnant I would tuck blankets under my belly while laying on my sides and then a week later I found out I was preggo.
  • When I lay on my side I need a pillow to be tuck under my side and in between my legs
  • i am use to laying on my tummy but its well uncomfprtable and i know i shudnt but i cant sleep any other way i have now started to sleep on my bk im only 15 weeks 6 days
  • I can sleep on my back if I have pillows to elevate my head and legs and sometimes arms. Haha.
  • I need four pillows. One for my knees, one for back/side, and two for my head. Wish I could lay on my back
  • You are not supposed to sleep on your back because the weight crushes the main artery that feeds the baby blood and oxygen. So it slows down blood flow to the baby. Not too good. But if its just lil bits off n on not going to really hurt anything.
  • It can alson cut the cirrculatiom off in ur legs my doc said.
  • Thanks so much ladies going to Dr tomorrow going to see if he suggest anything on how not to sleep on my back