edited February 2013 in Food

Comments

• My daughter usually hits feeding time before bed so she gets part of bottle before bed. She usually doesn't drink it all cuz she falls asleep. She's 6mon.
  • With my first, I gave her a bottle before bed until about a year.

My son turns a year old in July and I still nurse him right before bed. After feeding him, I put him in his crib to go to sleep. Same with my first. Is there a particular reason your ped wants you to stop? Some kids need that comfort before bed.
  • I give my 9 months old a bottle to bed and my pediatrician doesnt mind .
  • edited February 2013
  • edited February 2013
  • I don't. I give him his last one around 730 and he goes to bed at 9. Bed time bottles are linked to a lot of things like asthma, ear infections, tooth decay, and obesity so that's probably why your doc wants you to stop. Those things are probably rare though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh please! My daughter is 3 and weighs 24 lbs. My kids both go to sleep without having to eat though. I would just do whatever you are comfortable with! So long as the bottle is not in crib with baby at night!
  • Both my kids have/or had one and never had any issues with any of that. I wont leave a bottle in the crib at night. (after 1 I left a little water in there for my daughter but no milk)
  • I also give my daughter a bath then feed her a bottle and by the time she finishes it, shes out for the world lol
  • edited February 2013