Have you had your first ultrasound yet

edited June 2012 in February 2013
My doctor wont give me an ultrasound yet and it kind of makes me mad cause I would like to know my due date and see my baby

Comments

• How far along are ya?
  • Well almost 6 weeks I believe ....I had a miscarriage and conceived after it so I don't know for sure.
  • They usually don't do it but at around 12 and 20 weeks unless you are having issues such as bleeding, pain etc :(

Did your doc explain why he/she said no?
  • Nope. I think with the past miscarriage I should get one early one just to know I real due date and make sure the baby is growing well
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah, from the doctor's point of view, a previous miscarriage in the first trimester has no bearing on the next pregnancy because over 50% of pregnancies end in miscarriage (or some high statistic like that). So they don't usually do an ultrasound for that reason alone. Every doctor is different though! But, BOO! That sucks!
  • My doc didn't do one until I was 8 weeks but that was also my first appt
  • I have my first one tmrw & I'm 11 weeks. I also had a mc right before this baby.
  • We've had two so far. One at 5 weeks and one today at 7 weeks. We saw the heartbeat :-) we have another one in 4.5 weeks (nucal) which is super important bc of our situation and we will prob determine gender then also!!!!!