Have You Ever?

edited June 2012 in Relationships
Turned down flowers/gifts from your significant other? Is it rude?

*If you're upset*

Comments

• edited June 2012
    My husband is trained not to buy mevflowers. Lol. I tell him I can spend that money on something useful.
  • If it's something that im really mad about and sucking up buying me junk is what he thinks will fix it yes I have turned things down. Yeah I suppose it's rude to be ungrateful but buying things isnt the way to fix a problem
  • @tinka1326 I agree. Thank you. I know with some girls, flowers fix everything.
  • Flowers dont fix a thing. They just die a few days later. Lol
  • @mommyof3girls I have thrown away 5 dozen in one day. Plus an assortment that he put together himself. I hated looking at them. After the 5th bouquet came, I stopped answering the door. I felt rude. But the reason was divorce worthy.
  • Aww..sorry ur going thru stuff like that. :( hugs to u.
  • @mommyof3girls That was back in December. But thank you. Just been thinking about how guys "try" to make up for stuff.
  • I don't ever get flowers. I like flowers because they are pretty. But they are pretty pointless. Lol. I mean you spend money on something that will just take up space for a few days and die leaving a mess you have to clean. So id rather not get flowers. Lol. And even if I did want them, we are to poor to buy them. Id rather use what money we have on things we need. As to your question ( sorry got distracted lol) i agree with @tinka1326
  • Yep I've thrown away flowers he's brought home to apologize for something stupid he's done, but he never has to pay for them since his family we live with owns a flower shop...
  • I agree wit tinka1326 it isn't the rite way to fix a problem so yea I wulda threw them out to
  • Well, because I only receive flowers when humans are removed from my womb, I would take them! However, I would still be mad! I love flowers!!!
  • I'm starting to wonder if he's a seasonal idiot?!?!

Flowers should never and can never replace stupidity.

Sorry sweetie :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mom924 LMAO at humans being removed from your womb!!! Ive had 2 babies now and didn't get flowers either time from anyone!!!
  • @tinka1326 lol! It's the truth!!!! Befor my babes were born, the only time I got flowers was when I had menengits! But I was hospitalized for 13 days and most people who sent them were under the impression I wasnt leaving there!!! So, I'll take flowers any day!!
  • I told my bf to never but me flowers or chocolate cause flowers stink and I hate chocolate >:p lol
  • The thought that counts is don't fuck up... And if you do fuck up, hold me and TELL me you're sorry. Flowers can't talk... They mean absolutely nothing. A man's way of getting out of a decent apology in my opinion.
  • Amen girl!!! Lol
  • I agree flowers after an argument no I would trash them, but flowers for no reason like my husband used to do yes, I would probably cry if he brought me flowers now, it would just tell me I'm at least acknowledged
  • edited June 2012
  • edited June 2012
    Tripple post ...
  • edited June 2012
    Omg my phone is driving me nuts... i agree sorry flowers are lame!
  • My boyfriend already knows not to buy me real flowers if he wants to buy me them. lol I like fake flowers much better... but i rather have that money to buy something else.. and if he did something bad like cheated i'd stomp on the flowers right in front of him lol.
  • @MommyLovesSparkle But then you'd have to clean up the crushed petals, plastic or not!
  • No because he usually buys me fabric ones, & he'd be the one cleaning it if it was crushed petals or plastic not me lol.
  • As sad as this is...food always works for me...

What can I say...I'm always hungry! And sadly if he does bring flowers, I still take them and put in water..I wouldn't want them to die..but he'll still be in the dog house for awhile..
  • @Nova I just want them on a random day, for no reason!

@nameless He has apologized for little things with food. Joe's especially. That, I cannot resist.
  • No I would take them but still be mad lol...ill be like ”Give me that!... Now f*UK off lol jk jk
  • I never have but if he f*cked up and waa kissing up to my a** yup I sure would toss them