Too late to switch midwife?

edited June 2012 in Third Trimester
I'll be 30 weeks on Tuesday. I've been looking in my area at other birthing centers that offer water births, just like the one I've been going to. I don't have any complaints about my midwife other than she told me I was ”fat” at my last appointment. I know for a fact I haven't gained 30lbs, my clothing size is still the same, and I can still button and zip my pants up with no problems, and I'm carrying really low..so I don't believe her, or her scale since she was weighing me wrong the entire time.

Anyways is it too late to switch to a new midwife? This one is a lot closer to me, and they seem 1000xs nicer there. I feel guilty not wanting to continue my care with my.midwife now, but its far.

Will I have to do all of the previous tests she did on me with the new midwife or will she just get the information from my current one?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bump! I wouldn't think it would be, but I'm no expert. Maybe @homebirthadvocate would know?
  • llol well there you go!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I switched to a midwife from an OB at 32 weeks. She got my records and drew some labs for stuff I didn't have done yet, but everything else was easy. She never weighed me either. She was very laid back.
  • Yes! I switched at I think 34 weeks? I could be wrong...but you can switch anytime!
  • Thanks ladies. I'm going to switch. Tuesday will be my last appt with her, I will have to pay a $250 cancellation few, on top of the $100 I've already given them, but that is fine. The other place doesn't make you pay any fees which is good for me since I'll be able to put my money into buying baby things. I just hope she doesn't get all bitchy with me when I tell her.

@homebirthadvocate @natashalynn @luvmy5 @cristinalynn
  • Do it. You should be happy with your care, enjoying your pregnancy. If they do not meet your expectations, they can go away. Especially when you pay good money! Good for you!
  • $250 cancellation fee omg really!
  • @aishamusa I know...I guess theyll get money from me anyway they can since they won't be getting the $4500 from my insurance!
  • I hope you find a great midwife! During this time its great to picky. If you don't like them then don't get them. Especially in your situation. You need to be relaxed and calm with your midwife if you want a great birthing experience.