How long until you had sex again?

edited June 2012 in Health
Dr.s say to wait atleast until after your 6 week pp check up. But I'm curious... How long until you had sex again? Was it before 6 weeks? Along time after? Also did it hurt?
I'm almost 3 weeks pp now. And the thought of anything going in there scares me!

Comments

• I waited till the check-up because I was nervous and wanted to make sure everything was healed up! So we had sex right after the appointment lol...I was so nervous which probably didn't help the situation because I was tense. Honestly I was sore, but it really wasn't that bad...we just took it really really slow the first week and then it was fine!
  • @babyluv thanks for your experience. I definitely plan on waiting atleast the 6 weeks! But I don't know if I'll even be ready by then! Lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You're welcome :) I would definitely wait until you're ready...you have to be just as ready mentally. Thankfully my hubby was really understanding because the first time we basically just put it in and it lasted a few minutes because I was sore. For me it just helped to take everything EXTREMELY slow.
  • i was 3 weeks pp with both of mine but they were both CSections x
  • I waited 6 weeks and it was weird feeling...so we waited an extra 2 after that.
  • I had my baby vaginally and i started hsving sex again 3 weeks pp just used lots of lube and took it really slow because honestly it feels like when u lost ur viginity.. good luck just b very careful because i got pregnant again right away :/
  • At 6 weeks I was so tense and petrified I had 2 stitches on my right side and they hurt think it was cos I was tense and scared though, tried again a couple of days later but laid on my left side so it kinda took pressure of right side, surprisingly it does feel like your s virgin again even after you've done the deed a few times!
  • It was excruciating for me until about 6mo pp :( And after that it still wasn't "normal" til about 8mo pp.
  • I waited the 6 Weeks...I think its safer but I had a c section so I dont know.
  • I wanted to wait the 6 weeks but I couldn't lol I guess that's why I'm pregnant again.
  • I was very naughty... Only waited 2 weeks the first time. Stitches had dissolved fully and it was only tender like after having alot of rough sex. Second time only 11 days didn't have stitches at all and felt almost normal. We used condoms and lots of lube, lube will really help especially if your a bit tense. I've never had to use it really but breastfeeding made my hormones nuts and I was so dry for the whole time I fed. Goodluck and relax, when the time is right it will be great
  • I waited a couple of weeks, hense the fact that I'm now due again when my lo is 10 months lol xxx
  • Only 2 weeks lol my sex drive came back full force, and I couldn't resist lol
  • 2 weeks after my daughter it didn't hurt me but I did bleed alittle after
  • Pretty much the day the bleeding had completely stopped, though I forget how long exactly that was.
  • Usually a week or so after the bleeding stops.