Birth control after birth

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Does any body have any suggestions of what kind if birth control I should use after I have my baby I only have 80 days till my baby is due and I'm only 18 and don't need anymore babys anytime soon so I need to get on something a soon as my lil man slides out lol

Comments

• I would get on the pill if you don't have any problems with it. Like if it doesn't make you sick or too hormonal. By the way...you might hafta give your lil slider a push or two to get him out. ;-)
  • Im going to talk to my dr about my nuva ring after kailee's born I have to have a hormones to keeps cysts off my ovary so the iud isn't an option
  • Depends on if you're breastfeeding some aren't good for you of you choose to breastfeed baby
  • Get the implant- its amazing I had no side effects or periods for 2 years and when I came off it I conceived first time I ovulated!
  • @risalee7 there are 2 types of iuds. Mirena has hormones, paraguard does not :)
  • the mirena has the hormones in it. that is what i had after my first child and had it for 2 1/2 years before having it removed. it was probably the best decision i had made for birth control. it's not something you have to remember to take and what i liked the most was after 3 months it stopped my cycle. from what i heard that is pretty normal for most women and what lady doesn't want that to happen.
  • They have a pill that is safe while breastfeeding if you plan on it. Otherwise, I loved the nuva ring it was easy and almost impossible to forget
  • @mommy2_Armani docs only recommend iuds after you've had children, so thats a long-term option. I had my iud in for about 5-6 yrs. The paraguard has no hormones, its good for 12 yrs and I conceived 3 months after having it removed. Good luck!
  • Do any of you ladies know what the birth control that they put inside you. It's a T thing & its supposed to last 5yrs. Idk what its called or if its good. Have any of you ladies used this? & would you recommend it?
  • thanks guys for the iud info. i probly will be going with my nuva ring after she's born as long as doc says i can still breastfeed with it in. i have to say that its been my best bc experience. put it in once a month take it out at end of month. gave me really regular cycles and only took 3 months to completely get out of my system. plus the constant release of hormones kept me emotionally stable unlike the pill. also was on it for almost 2 years and never had a scare. will talk to my doc tho
  • had the mirena for not even a year they had to take it out apparently my doc didnt put it in right so I got on the pill and broke out from that ..... so I have no clue what I am going to do after my baby is born
  • I agree with Carrie! I used the mirena...I was the best! No worries! And when I was ready to conceive took it out and got pregnant right away......will
  • Consider it after giving birth if the dr says its k! Good luck!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2011
    @clope18 the iud is the mirena. Its 5 yrs
  • I used the Nuva Ring after my last pregnancy because I forget pills. (Luckly my bf reminds me of my vitamins). It was awesome and so easy