#mommyproblems

edited June 2012 in Parenting
i have a question for all the mommy's & maybe daddy's.
everytime i have money, i NEED to buy my son things, and my hubby. and i ALWAYS feel like i cant buy myself things because my son needs things (when he really doesnt). i feel so guilty when i do buy myself things. all week i think about things that i need for myself, like cloths. i wore the same pair of jeans since christmas and they just ripped. and i have NO shorts except gym shorts. but then i go shopping and try things on and i look descusting in everything. i have yet to lose my baby weight, i look friggen pregnant! and i know its my fault about the weight.. im just so depressed about my weight. i want to start this 9 week "inansity" program that starts in june at the gym.

sorry for my long vent. :-(

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Oh honey no! It's not bad at all for you to buy your self something as long as your babys have food n clean clothes n a roof over there head you are doing your part. N its ok you can lose weight anytime you want...
    Don't put your self down your suppose to lok at your self n say ”I am the sexiest b**ch out there n they anit got sh*t on me!!!!”
    Don't do that to your self. Your a mom but that does not mean you can't look sexy for you and your hubby!
  • I understand esp about the weight, it is very frustrating, I just can't seem to shake my laziness.
  • thanks @CANT_WAIT93 my son is so spoilled he has everything :-D
    && @My2Boys i am SO lazy.. and i think its because of my weight. im considered "obese" so i think that plays a roll - i just have no energy :-(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @RileyAndMe thats pretty crappy of your MIL. i would tell her to f*k off lol. some how i blow threw my money. and idk how lol. im like, only went to a few stores but i guess it all adds up. ugh i hate money!
  • edited June 2012
    Im The Same Way. I Even Go As Far As Serching Wat My Kid "Needs" But In Realit Mii Kid Is Ok. I Cant Go Out And Buy Me Somethin Butt Not My Kid Sumthin. I Feel Realli Guilty, And A Bad Mom
    I Have Alwayz Carried My Kangaroo Pouch So I Have Kind Of Ajusted To Me Bein Big :( I Always Madee A Promise To Myself That I Would Neva Be Like Thoes Moms Who Look Better Than There Kids. Ill Look Like Trash Just So My Kid Looks Good, And Has Whatever My Kid Wants
  • I hope u feel better and treat yourself u deserve it remember we have to take care of ourselves in order to take care of others!!!!! Buy you some new clothes and get your hair done and find your happiness because life is too short good luck mama:)
  • I am the exact same way Omg ! I buy all of my kids stuff new an all mine from consignment shops cuz i don't like spending money on myself an cuz I always thinks of sumthn they "need" lol
  • and it doesnt help that i get crap from my parents if i buy myself, or hubby something. like some sarcastic line. it just goes up my ass. its like, my son has everything he needs, he has plenty of clothes. i know im supost to be saving my money so i can get a place. but i have no clothes lol. but now i hate clothe shopping, its just a vicious cycle.
    @Dumanityann thats how i feel, i want my son to look good, and fresh and clean. but when it comes to me, i could roll out of bed - hair a mess, and say screw it. and i hate that! in reality id like to make myself look good, but its hard! lol and i sound dumb for saying that but i have no time or energy.
  • i feel the exact same way you do. I cant buy myself something it ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS has to be for my daughter and when I try on clothes i get depressed too. your not alone.
  • Its been a year since I had my daughter and I'm FINALLY been able to by clothes. I'm usually in uniform during the week but during the weekends I would like to wear something other than my husbands t shirts. I just been buying a couple of cheap items here and there.
  • I think you can tell from all the responses .... It's a mom thing. Lol. Idk why we're like this, but it sure is a common feeling. :)
  • It's mommy guilt lol. It sucks.