Refusing bottles? Advice please

edited June 2012 in Ages & Stages
Evie has been refusing her 3rd daily bottle for the past week or so, and im wondering why??
She has a 7oz bottle at 7.30 ish, when she gets up, then a bowl of porridge around 9 or 9.30. shes then due another bottle about 12, which is 7oz but she generally only takes 4 or 5 oz. then about 1.30 she has her lunch, either scrambled eggs, or veggies, or pasta etc, then shes due another bottle around 4 which ive been struggling to get her to take. she then has her dinner at 6pm, and a last bottle at 7 (again 7oz) before bed. She usually takes 5/6 oz at that one. My question is, is that normal? and is it because shes taking her 3 solid meals now? would i be better to start making up 6oz during the day as we dont have money to waste on unused formula. Or should i just cut the 4pm bottle from now on? Shes 8 months. What do you ladies think??

Comments

• edited June 2012
    You could try cutting it out and see how she reacts, if she is acting like she wants it then give it back but try 6oz instead.
  • @morgdeebee yeah that what im thinking too, surely now shes on 3 solid meals a day, its ok for her to cut back on her formula a little..
  • If she is refusing then cut it back. I don't do a set amount for Ollie. I give him what he wants and don't worry. Babies eat when their hungry , no worries Momma
  • I believe that's about when I cut Julianas bottles back as well.
  • I say cut it out. I always follow babies.lead and it sounds like she doesnt want it. Im sure she will let you know if she changes her mind about it lol
  • @davidnaadynsmama, i think so too, i dont think she'll miss it, but if she does, she can have it back xx
  • I would say she is getting used to food now and getting filled on that. I don't measure in ounces my son drinks, never did with any of my kids. Just always fed them when they were hungry and did baby led weaning.
  • @luvmy5, BLW sounds great, ive kinda done a mixed approach with Evie, which works well for us, she gets to feed herself, but i put it on the spoon and she takes over from there xx
  • We do that too, although now he wants to feed himself and basically shakes his head no when we try to feed him. Independent stinkers!
  • Lucky they are so cute! :X