my relationship

edited June 2012 in Relationships
Well for those of you that have seen my posts in the past about the issues I've been having at home here's some news.

Things came to an absolute head with me and the wife last night while we were lay in bed. I ended up laying all my cards on the table and even told her that unless she is going to talk to me etc I'm done with everything. Well she asked what I meant by that and I told her that I meant exactly what I said and that I would pack my shit and go.

Now I would like to say that I kept calm and controlled during this but I broke down entirely. She listened to what I said about feeling unwanted and rejected by her without saying much until I said I felt our marriage was falling apart or over. Well then she agreed we have been falling apart but she didn't know what to do about it. She didn't say anything else really and I explained that if she wasn't sure what to say then write it down for me.

At the moment nothing has been said but am giving her some room to think carefully about what she says. Hopefully its time for a stronger relationship to begin soon.

Thanks for all the support.
Mike.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2012
    All I can say, is at least it's ALL out in the open! Whatever happens, you at least know that the problems were put on the table and what she chooses to do with it is up to her. I hope she writes everything down for you, it's so much easier to write than to say it face to face.
  • @Fate thanks
    I just got a text from her saying "I know we need to work on us but I just don't really know where to start". I told her we need to really work on our communication and getting the spark back. I have given her 3 days to basically write down what she is feeling/missing in the relationship and I will do the same. Then we start trying to fix them one at a time. I also admitted that while it seems I was pushing for sex all the time what I really wanted was for her to want me. I also admitted being a dick about how I went about dealing with that lol.

@GirlsLoveInk87
    Is no problem unloading as its basically what I have been going through. What is weird is probably the fact its me feeling this not my wife lol. Feel free to chat.
  • @bettymomma yes and no lol. I have felt kinda sick all day because she hadn't said anything or messaged me. It was till nearly 3pm before I heard from her today after she left at 7am. I think I'm still kinda stressed that things won't work out or that we are further apart than even I realise. Guess time will tell.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gosh! You are an amazing specimen. A lot of men would just give up, but not you! You just keep fighting for her! I am so proud of you. I hope she comes to appreciate this, that you've fought so hard for your marriage. :)
  • @Fate I think honestly that I had given up last night. I really was expecting to be walking away from everything today and believe me I had no idea what the hell I was going to do. I even actually turned down sex this morning and said let's try fix us first (I may live to regret that) lol. I swear I'm scared as hell and don't know what to expect lol.
  • Turned down sex?! Because you want to fix your marriage?! OMG! You should be like...the role model for every man! Come teahch my hubby! :P Lol. Seriously though, I really respect your efforts... I hope and pray she comes around. You deserve to be super happy!
  • @bettymomma I did say along those lines at the start of the week but think we need to sort out the other stuff first. We have barely had a sex life for the last 6yrs other than when we were trying for our last baby. So what's a little longer of being frustrated lol.
  • Im happy it all came out in the open. I hope she realizes the great man she has and that not as many women get as lucky as her... I really do hope you two can fix things..
  • @bettymomma yeah I have gone lol. When we were ttc which was nearly 11 months it was at least 1-3 times a day on days we could but once she was pregnant it was 9 months no sex at all because of baby being a boy and previous health concerns from last son (doctors orders). Then its just never really improved. I just want to try do this right.
  • Goodluck with everything. Reading your posts gives me hope that my fiance and I can make it through our rough stage. It's been a hard 6 months and I have decided to get some counselling for myself so I can be more sure that im in a good head space. Sounds like your really trying to handle things the right way
  • @tinka1326 good luck and counselling will help you get things off your chest in a non judgmental environment.
  • Take baby steps. Good luck hun. Keep your head held high.
  • Im cheering for u guys!!! I hope everything works out for ya all. Know ur not alone. Soooo many marriages do thru things like this. Ur wife is lucky to have someone fighting to keep her. Most men dont put in any effort at all.
  • Start here, get each of you a copy, its an amazing book..5 love languages, and watch the movie Fireproof, together..(theres also a book)
  • @armywife5 ohhh me and my hubby did the fireproof book and it was awesome because there was something you had to do every day for each other. We really enjoyed it. We also figured out what are love languages are which was really helpful because it helps you see what the other person needs out the relationship.
  • Also, @dadof2n1togo you sound like an awesome guy...it's awesome that you are fighting so hard for your marriage when so many ppl just decide to give up these days! I really hope things work out for you and your wife!
  • @Babyluv @armywife5 we have the 5 love languages book already for the past couple of months. I have already read it and going to flick through again as I can't really pick my wife from it yet. She has read maybe 10 pages in 3months. I am one of those weird people that easily fall into every category very easily lol and hard to decide which is really me lol. Will have to have a look for that movie you said about.

@BlessedTxMom thanks and I know what you mean. I think this is a fair bit of our problem because she does expect somethings that are just never going to happen. I have boosted everything I do while I'm between jobs and start new job in 2 weeks from Monday. Money hasn't been a issue as I took long service leave and only a transfer etc to new position.
  • Yeah I know whatcha mean I'm a couple different things...but my hubby appreciated me explaining what I needed from each language. If she doesn't want to read the book you can actually take the Love language quiz online that makes it a lot easier it narrows it down for ya! You should look for the Fireproof book you might like it a lot. It challenges the both of you to communicate, be open, and romantic.
  • I hope it all goes well!!!
  • edited June 2012
    You sound like such a great guy and remind me so much of my hubby. I think I may have posted this to you awhile back, but im going to do it again bc it sounds like a perfect time for it. After kids, not only did I not have a sex drive, but we.had grown so far apart that we didnt know how to be together. Everything felt forced. Hubby began questioning not only my sexual desire for him, but really whether I liked him at all. We finally had an amazing discussion and kinda figured out our problem. We were so used to being husband and wife...mommy & daddy...that we forgot how to be friends. I told him that its difficult for women especially to be sexual and intimate with someone who we didnt feel close to. I suggested that we start from scratch and learn to be friends again and just have fun together without any expectation for sex. We played games, went for drives (no radio allowed). We chose not to go to movies or restaurants because you dont talk. Instead, choose things that forces actual conversation and not just sitting in a room together...but no serious talk to start! Just fun! We talked about all the silly things we used to love about eachother when we first met etc etc. Then, we would start watching movies together at home (no kids)...but we sat beside eachother (we used to sit on different couches. Hold eachothers hand...hug...snuggle but again, no expectation for sex. It may sound crazy but it helped so much! We felt close again...we were friends again. THEN we had sex. Totally spontaneous without being forced (i even started it lol) It was wonderful. We began having meaningful convos and again, nothing felt forced. We still dont have sex daily or anything but its MUCH more often. At least 4 times a month which may not sound like a lot but is a major improvement for us. Bottom line though...try to become closer in a non sexual, unforced way and I promise the sex will follow (and will be better!). I really think you should try this! You do sound like such a great man. I can tell how much you love her!
  • edited June 2012
    Oh..and fyi...the Vow is a wonderful at home date night movie to watch when the children are away or sleeping if you havent seen it. My husband even loved it
  • @DavidnAaydnsMama thanks for all that. It is basically what I am trying to do now. Sex isn't a happening thing with us anyway so no real issue there. Wife is currently getting af every second Friday and a hormonal angry bitch the other week anyway. She has implanon in but never had this issue before and is speaking to doctor today apparently when she is there for diabetes check etc.

I am trying all I can but not getting my hopes up yet until she actually starts showing me she's trying. I have put out all I have at the moment and just don't think I can drop my defences any further in case it doesn't work out.
  • edited June 2012
    Dont go into it with any expectations for "future" things. I dont mean dont hope you have a future together...i just mean have fun with her one day and one step at a time. I cant stress how important it is to just become friends again first. My husband and I got divorced...we were totally out of love and basicly hated eachother. After we divorced, we started spending time together as friends. We fell back in love and are very very happily married. Now, we take the time to make sure we remain close as friends. The rest just falls in place afterward. If I can come back from divorce, to loving my husband and him being my absolute best friend, then I know you two can make it back too :) You sound great and are obviously a very patient man...so just give it a little more patience (i know its tough). Sorry if I sound preachy...i just know what two people can recover from :)
  • I am so happy that you were able to talk to get about everything and just being honest with each other is great step. I hope that things start to look up for you two. I don't know much other then the things you have posted but I have to say you sound like an amazing husbands most men in general would have called it done a long time ago. I personally strongly believe that if your wife can be as strong as you are being and just as determined you guys are going to be just fine :).... But at the end of the day it does take the both of you. I really wish the best and hope this work out lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.
  • Fire proof is the movie to watch
  • OK @Roxy and @armywife5 I will add that and The Vow to the must watch list soon.
  • Well today was supposed to be the day we gave each other ideas about what we are missing in our relationship. What do you know all I got was a SMS saying I'm stressed and need time to myself to relax. WTF!!!!!!!!!

Well she can have all the time she fucking wants then because I'm over this shit. I have zero me time but don't see me blaming that on her no. So I suggested Friday night we go to tea and a movie? What do I get back and who is going to watch the kids. She expects my mum every time because her family won't watch them ever. Well guess we aren't going anywhere.

Vent over for now.
  • Sounds like shes going thru alot within herself. I know its not fair to u but when u got married u agreed to b her life partner and sometimes that means just holding on even when u wanna let go. Maybe she doesnt even know whats going on w herself. Maybe she needs to figure that out still b4 u guys can put things back together the way u want them to b. Marriage is in no way easy. Try to hang on a bit longer... If u can.