breakfast & lunch ideas!

edited June 2012 in Solid Foods
I need ideas of food to give my 1 year old for breakfast & lunch. She only has two bottom teeth, so while she can mash stuff up well I can't give her everything. She eats the same as us for dinner, but I don't usually eat breakfast, and lunch for me is a Granola bar. I've done eggs, fruit, toast, soft veggies, yogurt...I just feel like she's getting bored! Any suggestions appreciated, and the easier to do will score you extra brownie points lol.

Comments

• I freeze left over spaghetti sauce in ice cube trays and for lunch I will thaw out a few cubes and boil Ollie a handful of the curly rigatoni pasta. They are easy for him to pick up, and if you dont use a lot of sauce it doesn't make to much of a mess.
  • @Ashley_smashley that's a great idea!
  • Awesome idea @ashley_smashley !! Thanks!
  • Could she mash up pancakes or french toast?
  • I yeah those are great to! Ollie lives pancake day lol
  • Thanks Ladies!!
  • What about scrambled eggs from breakfast? Or toast. My son loved toast, with a little bit of butter. Try fruits, cut up really small.
    And for lunch, my son really liked the 'chief boyrdes' the chicken and rice. There like .88 - 150. Sometimes u can get em 10/10.
  • Nicholas loves pb and js :)
    for breakfast its cherrios and a sippy of milk or bacon and fruit. I hate eggs lol.
    Sometimes waffles or pancakes. Lunch is peanut butter n jelly or turkey rollups. Mac n chz or leftovers. He loves mac n chz with shredded chicken and brocolli :)
  • For Breakfast Owen likes Oatmeal with fruit in it, rice, cream of wheat with strawberries in it, wheat pancakes, waffles, granola with yogurt and fruit,and I give him eggs but I blend in cauliflower or any kind of veggies and he has no clue lol. Lunch he eats chicken noodle soup, any kind of pasta I just heat up the sauce and add little noodles, grilled cheese, mac n' cheese, veggies, and fruit etc.
  • Thanks guys!! These are great ideas!! @babyluv @kindell @devins_mommy
    Is it ok for her to have peanut butter now?? She has had French toast twice, and pancakes once. I make pancakes from scratch, and while they're awesome, they're a lot of work to do for a baby! Although...I could make some & freeze them...hmmm
  • edited June 2012
    @babyluv what kind of Granola do you use?? And great idea with the blended veggies. especially cauliflower. no colour no major taste!
  • i gave my son penut butter when he was like 8 months old. and i think after you give it to him, and watch for a reaction i think he'll be fine :-)
  • Okay, thanks @devins_mommy do you know how soon an allergic reaction will show? Not like, a rash but a severe reaction.
  • penut butter is automatic :)
  • Awesome. Thanks again @devins_mommy I think I'll wait till daddy is home, just in case.
  • @natashalynn Yes I always try to put veggies or fruit in something...like in mac n' cheese I put broccoli, peas, or carrots. I just get whatever granola (idk if I've paid attention to what kind it is lol) at Hyvee (idk if you have that store but I'm sure you could get it at any grocery store).