first birthdays

edited June 2012 in First time moms
Okay im a ftm and my lo will be one in Oct but im doing her.party the last sat in sept but idk how to throw a party or what theme to do food or anything

It wont be huge just bfs family (mom 2 sisters his 2 nephews and one of there boyfriends) my 3 sisters possibly there hubbys there kids so 4 kids my mom her husband possibly my dad my friend ash and bfs 2 friends

Comments

• My LO will be 1 in Oct. too. Ive been trying to get ideas together too since I'll also have a newborn. Ive been wondering about activities to do. I dont want to just sit around.
  • @1stwoodsbaby right thats the last thing I want is just standing around idkk lol I feel stupid not noing lol.
  • Keep it simple. Pick something your lo likes for a theme, pooh, mickey, barney, ect. A food your lo likes that everyone can eat. Snacks, juice, pop. Games for the older ones, pin the tail, pinata. Cake/cupcakes, icecream. Do it at home or a relatives to keep down cost. Maybe kid friendly music. A few decorations.
  • edited June 2012
    @Steph_Due_101611 she like Micky mouse lol so I was looking into minie mouse but the invites look kinda cheap idk tho... I was thinking maybe subway sandwich party pack?
  • Would cupcakes be easier?
  • Subway would be good! Easy clean up and they provide all the extras (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc).
    If you are on pinterest, there are TONS of adorable minnie and mickey mouse ideas for birthdays. I've pinned sooo many in hopes of using them, but my daughter doesn't like mickey or minnie. She loves curious george, so we will have a curious george monkey theme.
  • Leilas first birthday is in oct and were doing a ladybug theme because that's her nickname
  • @1stwoodsbaby yea n I heard that its.fairly cheap lol im not on there but I also dont want to spend a bunch on party stuff maybe 60 at the most
  • @5lilangels aw :) what about entertainment
  • My sons best is in less than 2 weeks, and I haven't done anything! Lol We're doing a Sesame Street theme, I just have to go grab everything at the Party store. I'm going to make potato salad, burgers or hot dogs, a fruit salad, and have drinks, along with the cake and ice cream. It's only going to be adults so I don't have to worry about entertainment.
  • Bday not best lol
  • download invitation templates :) ive also seen a lot of invites and party decorations at dollar tree , bake a cake, and get a pinata :)

thats the cheapest way I can think of , also mak little "pinterest" snacks and beverages
  • make* sorry im typing in the dark lol
  • @EricaK22 see I dont want to make anything lol I just dont want a huge mess of food...

@MommyLovesSparkle ill check the dallor store for sure
  • Im doing a beacj themed party. Nicholas loves the water so i got a kiddie pool and tons of toys :) in october do a dress up party....
  • @ Kindell dress up? Idk if people would do that