chocolate milk?

edited June 2012 in Parenting
do you mamas put chocolate / strawberry syrup in your toddlers milk??
my son is 13 months, and prefers it with syrup. is that bad?

Comments

• if it was up to me, id be pumping him with the healthy stuff, like yobabys. and horizon milk. but my family and hubby think "organic stuff is pointless" its so hard, i try to give him healthy snacks, but no one elce does. like i water down his juice and I get yelled at! its MY BABY! lol.
  • My mom did that for me because it was "the only way I would drink milk" out of all of my siblings (I'm the oldest of 7) I have struggled with teeth problems, and weight issues. None of my other siblings have. Only one of my brothers has had a cavity. All of my siblings are slim and perfect weight. I have always been heavy no matter how I diet.

Knowing that, my lo isn't even going to get juice unless its fresh fruit juice made at home. And sweets will be treated as a treat, not a daily expectance. I really blame it on my mom feeding me crap, especially since she didn't do that with any of the others and they are all fine.
  • thank you @Mom2ING i noticed my son prefers pringles as oposed to fruits. and that has me concerned. i want to get him on the good healthy path, along with myself.
    @LittleFae i to have struggled with my body and weight, and i cant seem to keep to a healthy diet. i guess i could attribute it to my dad being a chef. and making yummy food lol. but i do eat alot of fruits and veggies, maybe not as much as i should. but id take a salad over anything :-D but no one in my house would..
  • @Mom2ING yeah iv given them to him. he like em. and i like them too.
    and something that i found alarming was before bedtime. my bf had a bag of mcdonnalds, and i gave my son a french frie and he finished it, and walked right up to the bag and tryed to get another. HOW DOES HE KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!? i am guilty of getting him happy meals. but ughhhhhh
  • I eat completely healthy. My los allergies and me bf has helped. And I still.struggle with weight. My main diet is dark greens, I make my own food from scratch I dont eat any.dairy or soy and I still cant lose weight.
    I also exersize several times a week.
    Im healthy, but ill always be on the heavier side.
  • i hate body image. i want the results, but im so lazy. and thats horable because its starting to effect my life, no energy. i cant stand it! i need a lifestyle change. ASAP. :-?
  • I do it with my son. A tiny amount every once in a while because its the only way he will drink anything but breastmilk :)
  • okay, @Mom2ING you need to send me a food chart lol.
    it sucks no a days, that the "good & healty" foods are so much more expensive that the junk food. and im onn a tight budget.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My nephew was like that wit the strawberry syrup an it rotted his teeth severely
  • One of the teacher at school puts a drop of red food coloring in the kids milk because they all refused to drink the milk. She tells them that its strawberry and they drink it all up. (And yes the parents all know and are ok with it) and they are so excited to get the 'special' milk they dont even realize it tastes like straight milk!
  • @blessedtxmom what? Capri suns and worms? I think i missed something. I dont give my kids juice except my 7yr old in her lunch box a couple times a week and she loves the low sugar capri suns... They have worms in them?
  • Bottom line, don't buy it!! If you don't have it, you can't give it to him.
  • Have you ever heard of the book "Skinny Bit*h"? I don't like the language, but it has great info about eating healthy. It might be at your local library. :)
  • The biggest sweet my daughter gets are animal crackers, I love the fact that she would rather have fruit then anything else