help

edited June 2012 in Third Trimester
Hi, I am 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant. for days i have been experiencing some sort of fluid coming out of my vagina. It doesnt look like discharge as its too watery and happens to come out everytime i stand up or make a sudden movement, it is also not urine as it has no colour or odour. could this be my waters leaking? I would ring my mat ward but im just told to go in (30 miles away) and get sent home 30 mins later

Comments

• I would think its possible. But I've only had my water break once and it was a pretty constant leak that felt like I was peeing myself. Lol. Good luck. I hope its your time. Update when you can.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have no idea what nitrazine paper is, also its 23:54 here so all shops are closed. i have just started getting pains now too. my oh hates sitting in hosp and i dont want to waste their time x
  • Thank you @HomeBirthAdvocate. He keeps telling me its nothing, he isnt being very supportive, reckons cos im not in agony it is just braxtons, ive had my fair share of braxtons and this is very different. Also does baby still move during contractions?
  • I wouldn't worry about it until contractions are regular for two hours. Labor dust!
  • Thanks guys. Went to hospital y.day to be checked over. Turns out I have group B strep, any signs of labour or waters going I have to go straight in and be hooked upto a drip. Its my EDD tomorrow!!! :D
  • Sweet! Good luck! Labor dust again!
  • I had the same thing (had my son 3 months ago) I thought it was my water leaking but it wasn't. It was clear and very slow. It started about 2 days prior to having him. I called and they told me to only come if the water broke or I was having contractions 5 min apart. I also was seeing blood about a day before that was what really scared me:( so it could just mean baby is coming.
  • Just to let you all know, my waters slowly started leaking 5th July 11.30pm. Went to hospital 6th july 10.30am, got hooked up to my antibiotics, had a pes put in at about 3-4pm & started contracting at 5.20pm. Labour was going slowly so i was hooked up to a drip to speed up the process, 7th July 4am they couldn't find babies trace, I had a ventouse delivery, Brihanna was born at 5am :) Perfect little girl weighing 7lb 13.5oz. I was then rushed into theatre with a 3rd degree tear :( i then needed a blood transfusion too. I eventually got to cuddle me little bundle at 8.30am. Daddy had dressed her, named her & fed her her first bottle. She is now 4 weeks & 1 day old & I love being a mummy :) would do it all again! Ohh & (proud moment) I didnt make a sound through out labour ;) better tolerance to pain than i thought!!