Telling people

edited March 2011 in September 2011
I'm 11 weeks pregnant and have my first scan tomorrow and not sure when to start telling people. Have only told my mum and my partners mum.

Comments

• I waited until I was 11 wks and I saw my baby was ok. I had a previous miscarriage so I was just being cautious. But its up to you
  • Tell them when you feel 100% ready. Although it is a good idea to wait till after the 3month mark. Congratulations!
  • I haven't told my family well just my sister cuz she is pregnant too but my other family won't know until I am showing and I am 13w4d
  • 11 Weeks. My entire family knows, if something goes wrong they will be there for me. Somehow my bf football/soccer team found out. I wonder how haha my guess is daddy to be being to proud.
  • Only my closest family members know, e friends & colleagues found out themselves.
  • I agree, I would do it when you feel the time is right. Whether its right away, or after your in the "safe" zone. For me, I didnt believe it was true, and I got every kind of pregnancy test possible and peed on them all day. & the following 3 days as well. Then I went to a doctor. I told my sister, my best friend, my grandma who I am close to, and my mom. As well as my bfs family, because we were in his home town at the time. But as far as my friends, and my father, I didnt tell them because I was still in denial, and it was just too hard to believe. Then once I was 8 weeks, I started bleeding, ALOT. And I went to the E.R and he told me I would more likely than not miscarry. So I didnt think I needed to get my dad all fired up over nothing, if I could avoid a fight, I wanted to. But the following week I saw my O.B in WA for the first time, and he told me it was a subchorionic hemmorhage which meant a piece of the placenta was most likely trying to reattach itself. He made me feel confident that I woul be fine, and it cleared up after a couple weeks, and I was back to normal, baby was healthier than ever. So I finally told my dad at 11 weeks. & he took it surprisingly well. (Sorry this is so long!) Then at 19 weeks, they noticed the baby had a choroid plexus cyst in her brain, which meant a build up of fluid, and they thought it could be a symptom of trisomy 12, 18, or downs syndrome. Luckily, it wasnt and it was just part of her growing process, and it re absorbed. But it was a scary first half of pregnancy for me. Now Im just worried about delivery.
  • That Sounds so scary I'm 12 weeks now and had my first ultrasound last week they said everything is looking good (fingers crossed) so have started telling people just have to tell my boss which I'm not looking forward to.
  • I have only told work friends, my sister,cousin aunt n dad. N I'm 11 weeks tomorrow. My bf's family knows. When I first found out a lot was goin on in my life. Me n bf were going thru a really hard time. I lost my job n basically had a mental breakdown. I was really depressed about the way things were going in general n I still am tryin to figure things out. I'm going thru this seclusion period where I don't want to be around anyone who I kno. I kinda wish I could just go away where we don't kno anyone n I don't kno y. My mother is really judgmental n I don't want to deal with her reaction. So I ain't tellin anyone either til I have too. I really want to enjoy my pregnancy n I feel the ppl who will be supportive are the ones who kno