Where did your water break? How did you handle it?

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It broke on the way to the bathroom. My man didnt believe me till ten minutes later and water started gushing out and didnt stop.lol i soaked everything. Hung my butt over the toilet.lol and thats when i went to the hospital :)
  • I had mine broke in the hospital. With my second I had an outer sac they broke when I dilated to a 4. But I wasn't progressing at all but wanted a water birth so no pitocin allowed. When the night nurse came in to check me she said oh..your water needs broken. My midwife spun around and gaped at her. They broken my water AGAIN and I dilated slowly but surely while in the tub. This sounds crazy but I loved that feeling of my water breaking...lol, maybe because I had so much fluid that I got some relief.
  • I was using the bathroom and had a little gush...I knew it was my water cause it wouldn't stop.
  • mine was at home.. i squatted over to let the dog outside and bam!! it broke at 2am lol
  • @ta2edblondie Omg! You got to the hospital in time I hope..
  • @mommylovessparkle What if the dog tried to lick it up?? Omg I worry about that with my cats since their the curious ones :D
  • @ta2edblondie My husband's mother did that with all her kids but that was back in their home country..
  • it didnt gush everywhere for me, it felt like a period and i heard a "pop". it mostly came out when i sat down. then itv started running down my legs and was still comming out 3-5 hours after while i was in the hospital already lol. when the nurse checked me for dialation a huge gush came out though.
  • The first time it's hey broke mines at the hospital and the second and third time it broke on its own while I already had my epidural. This last time I felt a pop and it felt slimy n weird but I couldn't feel all that well lol
  • @myHEARTZx3 Yeah I can imagine after the 3rd time i'd be just used to it. :)
  • edited February 2013