thinking ahead..

So I am ebf now..she doesn't really get many bottles now only like 2 days a week while I'm at work. Anyways when she turns 10 or 11 months old I want to exclusively pump so I can stop bf when she is a yr. Instead of giving her the pumped milk in a bottle should I just give it to her in a sippy during the day and then just a night time bottle? I tried giving her juice and water in her sippy but she has no interest yet...all she does is chew on it and not lift it up. She will be 8 months old on the 8th.

Comments

• I would suggest that instead of switching straight to pumping, little by little, eliminate one breastfeeding session and pump. Do this for a few weeks until baby is used to it. Breastfeeding is a major comfort and bonding feeling for baby. An abrupt end to it can be very difficult for them.

It is likely that your LO will not use the bottle often. Mine is 11 months old and gets one a couple days a week like yours and he hates them. At a year I would do strictly the sippy. No need for a one year old to be drinking out of a bottle ;) That drives me crazy! lol.
  • @captivated I never really thought of it like that. But she is so incredibly attached to me that she is now refusing to go to sleep unless she is nursing..so that's why I thought about pumping. That drives me nuts too so that's why I was trying think of ways to introduce a sippy easily. But when she gets a bottle now she has no motivation to hold it herself so I or hubby have to hold it for her. She got the concept of holding the sippy so who knows? I just want to make it easy and painless as possible.
  • Omg! My son too! I was telling BD today that bubs is the only child I know at his age that WONT hold a bottle or sippy. I can't figure out how to get him to hold his sippy cup that I put water or milk in occasionally!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Our daughter uses the sippy cup with a straw, so she doesn't have to lift it!
  • Sophia also uses the one with the silicon straw top...it seems to be easier for her maybe try one of those
  • @captivated she holds her sippy she just doesn't lift it lol.
    @rileyandme that's funny.
    @natashalynn @erikiehadagirl I never thought to get one of those.