Anyone's hubby work nights?

edited July 2012 in Postpartum Health
As you all know I suffered from extreme PPD. Well I'm doing a lot better and have been back at work 3 months now. My boyfriend is changing job and next week he will be working nights. I'm going to lean on you ladies for support. :) I'm just scared of slipping backwards.... Does anyone elses hubby work nights? If so how does it work? I mean how is it being alone at night?

Comments

• My husband does! He has been working nights for over a year and a half! Basically right after we married in aug 2010. It was scary at first being alone we have a house in a small town. Our little guy is only 3 weeks old and the nights aren't too bad. Do you work days? The only thing that stinks while being on maternity leave is he sleeps when he gets home, so I'm home all night with levi, and all morning /early afternoon.
    Will he be work sunday night-thursday night?
  • I work days and he'll work mon-sat. @babyluv8 I feel for you that's how it wwas when we first brought the baby home.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2012
    Mime does it sucks I can barely sleep until he comes.home im.a.chicken
  • Mine used to, but I told him he had to get off of it ASAP so that I can finish up with school. I hate nights. No time for family and the loneliness was so hard :( You can do it! Make sure you guys plan some special time together so that you don't feel as if you are leading separate lives.
  • @captivated thanks for the advice. I almost forget about alone time... luckily my mom will watch Johnny over night every few weeks.
  • Mine used to and I was scared at first but then it's kinda nice because u get to just relax in the evening and have it nice and quite especially if your a light sleeper like me. You will get used to it :)
  • My husband works 5pm to 3 am. Its hard but we get through it.
  • mine! he works 10-7 sun-thurs. it sucks because we dont see him much through the week, but i have to admit, ive grown to enjoy having the evenings to myself.
  • My husband does. He has since we've been dating and gotten married. He works wesnesday - Saturday 9p to 7a. I like it. The only negative is he sleeps most of the day so Im alone with our daughter which gets boring. Also he doesn't get.to see her very much.
  • My husband has for almost 5yrs I hate it so bad thou but we make it work he hardly ever sleeps and I feel bad I tell him its not good for his health but he always says he rather be awake spending time with us hes such a sweetheart. And to this day Im still afraid but I have a gun n im rdy lol
  • My Hubby has worked nights for 5yrs now he goes in at 4pm- 2am. Its not that bad. Im here with 5 kids. There's never a dull moment
  • Mine works second shift but for almost our whole relationship he worked third shift. It's difficult bc I am home with my daughter, 8. Sons 2 and 3 months.I had ppd I went back to work for two weeks then got laid off. Its rough but you get the hang of it. Always here is you have questions...I don't really get toobored bc my daughter and I do things when the boys go to bed like paint our nails etc. I do know it was worse before I got on medicine for the ppd. Good luck:)
  • That's our problem lol he snores so loud sometimes he sleeps on the couch so I can get some sleep it sucks I wish there was something I could do.