worried....... should i have.......

edited July 2012 in Third Trimester
I live in the UK, does anyone know if I should have been tested for diabetes the one you get when pregnant?

Comments

• Yep.. most definitely
  • I haven't, no one has even mentioned it to me at all, I am 33 weeks today. X
  • edited July 2012
    Maybe you already had it. I think its done around 26 weeks @star1990
  • One of my friends has just been to hospital to get hers done. She wasn't to eat it drink anything. Act bit had anything like that.
  • You mean the glucose drink? You havent had that ?
  • It actually is not necessary. Many women forego it. If you're concerned, talk to your doctor and request one.
  • I had my GDD test at 28 weeks but over here (Uk) i believe they only refer you if you are considered a risk, i.e overweight/obese or a previous history of GD. Be glad you havent needed one, it was the longest three hours if my life!
  • I'm in the us and was in and out if the hospital with preterm labor around the time we test out here. Going back and forth, my Dr forgot to ever test. I'd only be worried if you were overweight to start with or are having complications, or start to get hypertension .
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The thing is I am considered obese in UK. I was 12 st 6oz at booking app. Which my bmi was 31 as I am only 5ft 2in. That's why I am concerned. @HomeBirthAdvicate @Mrs4c @JoshnEvismum @captivated.
    @YNCTish Yeh that's the one Av not had it xx
  • Obesity does not mean that you will develop GD. It can raise your risk, but like @homebirthadvocate said, you would be having major red flags popping up if you had it. Often the only treatment is diet modification in the first place. Sometimes, rarely, insulin injections. GD is really not that big of a deal. Tell your doctor your concerns.
  • I wouldn't worry, am in UK also, I had random glucose test which came back fine but then had to do glucose tolerance test twice because kept having positive urine tests (both tests came back fine) they've prob not done it as your urine been clear