State of Emergency

WV (my state) has been declared a state of emergency since fridays storm. There were multiple tornadoes in my area, which almost never happens due to our hills & mountains. About a half million without power. The group home I work at has been without power since friday. Taking care of the 3 disabled men over the weekend was terrible without power, especially bc they dont understand and they look to us to fix problems. It was over 100 degrees in the house all weekend. I had to save their food by bringing it to my house (i was soooo lucky & kept power) and ive been washing their clothes here. Multiple gas stations closed bc no power so every gas station has a minimum 40min wait and they keep running out. Its so awful. Im not much of the praying type, but even ive been asking for a little help. Just wanted to let everyone know whats been going on.

Comments

• Aw hon, thats horrible. Hope it doesnt last long, thats gotta be tough for anybody to deal with, let alone your residents. Thinking of you xx
  • @joshneviesmum thanks but unfortunately there are reports that it will take up to 2weeks to get everyone up and running.
  • Oh wow, thats pretty bleak. Hopefully thats a generous estimate. Do they have a schedule for the works, maybe because your guys are disabled, they could get priority , to get up n running quickly?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @joshneviesmum our supervisor called to explain the situation, so they will get SOME priority, however we arent the only place like that without power. Actually 4/6 of my company's ggroup homes dont have it and there ars many many more similar cases
  • Oh no. That is terrible. That means you can't even use the big industrial fans. Wow.
  • Prayers to you and all around you xxx
  • @captivated yep, no fans at all. We used coolers and the small amount of ice we could find (its also scarce here now) to keep food from going bad. People are driving hours & hours to find gas. I talked to one man at the gas station who had driven 4 hours to get to our town to find gas. He had a pickup truck full of his entire neighborhoods gas cans to fill up for them. People are lined up down the streets of gas stations, blocking traffic, waiting for gas. What happened was, like half the stations in our state lost power and closed so then the ones that were open started running out. It created a panic and everyone made things worse by flocking to the gas stations. Plus, many people need gas bc they are running off generators right now. Its making it almost impossible to even get enough gas to go to work.

@cheryl74 thanks. We can all use it
  • that is horrible. i am praying for u guys
  • I need to invest in a generator....what a hot mess. No pun intended.
  • @captivated yea, not a bad idea to have one. Its actually impossible to buy one here right now. Also all the battery operated lights and solar lights are sold out. Every room in every hotel is booked, and all the laundry mats are packed open to close. Its such a mess here. Im sooo grateful that I never lost power but the pic I posted above was damage from a tornado that hit a mile from my house so I got very lucky. The next street over lost power & still doesnt have it and half my town. I hear the loud hum from generators 24/7

@mbaby1 thank you. Its appreciated
  • Prayers heading your way hun
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.