important heat question...plz read.

i live in Chicago and we are going through a heatwave right now.its going to be 103 today and drop slightly to 97 tonight.we have no ac in our car.were going to my mil's for a bbq plus she has a pool and is only 10 minutes away.we want to take our 8.5 month old to a fire work show tonight.the show is 20 min away.its one of the only shows scheduled due to cancellations because of the heat and dryness.do you guys think its safe to bring her in the heat?

Comments

• Do u have any those lil hand held fans that wuld be great to use
  • O an I no how ya feel I'm in ky an our fireworks have been banned to stupid heat!
  • @mrz_Jackson no i dont but i was thinking of buying one of those mist thingys lol
    its been horrible i walk her every day and haven't due to this heat.shes still in her infant seat and the material makes her sweat to the point shes soaked shes definitely ready for a convertible so i think im gonna go buy one today
  • I think she will be ok if u buy one of the mist things an only goin that short of a distance
  • An if she gets to hot If theres stores or gas stations u can always stop an run her in to cool off
  • I hear ya its supposed to be hot here and my son sweats in the carseat. It's hard too bc babies can't say they are hot...like my others. I just put him in a diaper nothing else. I also try not to hold him too much bc I'm hot which makes him hot. Shade and maybe bring a spray bottle. Ugh I can't imagine no ac in the car I'd die for sure!
  • @mrz_Jackson
    @sehra4177
    thanks ladies :)
    im gonna go to walmart get a mist thing and a convertible seat
    my mil is gna let us use her truck (has ac) plus well pack a cooler :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • O ok that's great that will keep that baby nice an cool !
  • I live in joliet. Just south of chicago. I understand the heat. I usually put a light towel or blanket on the seat because she sweats a lot from the seat because it doesnt breath because of the material plus I wet towel to wipe her off with. She does fine as long as she is out of direct sun light.
  • @?mamakat i packed a cooler with juice and water for her,also some washclothes to damp weve been in the pool all day so shes nice and cool 4th of july has always been a special day for her dad and i so were so excited she can be included this yr :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • they say if its for dehydration just drink water unless she wont drink juice. here in vegas its super hot and 103 is basically a normal day here it reaches up to 116-ish. In my parents car the air dont reach her car seat so im back there fanning her off and have a wet washcloth ready and i only take her in the car when the sun goes down or if were not going to be more than 5 mons in the car,. and pack lots of water- and dont forget sunblock!
  • @mommylovessparkle and @mamakat thank u!! she was very comfortable & the show was amazing!
  • Ugh I feel you on the heat. I'm in st. Louis. Its been hell. Our fireworks were cancelled too, besides the ones in the city. I try not to take my son out. I just got him one of those portable fans for the backseat with the soft blades, even though I have AC. I feel like he doesn't feel it enough in a rear facing cat seat.
  • Its f'in hot here in texas I try to not take jake out as much as possible. And bathe him to keep him cool not to mentin the hydrating process ;)