How far past my due date should I wait?

edited July 2012 in Third Trimester
If she ends up passing her due date which is tomarrow..

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^^ Yep! You'll probably be monitored more after your due date. Due dates can be wrong so you never know!
  • Yeah just wait it out. Due dates are just an estimate anyway.
  • I agree with @mama_kat no more than 2 weeks. My dr. schedules inductions after 1 week.
  • No more than two weeks hun. But since due dates are estimates these ladies are right dd may be off are u dilated at all? Effaced?

I was at 1 1/2 by 36 wks
  • Thanks ladies..
  • @AishaMusa when is you're next appt?
  • All my appointments are done, but I may stop in to see how dilated I am. @victoriarenee
  • @AishaMusa they didn't schedule your next appt? I have one on Wednesday and they are gonna schedule my induction if he doesn't come before then
  • I agree with wait it out!
  • They should still be seeing you every week Scedule induction no more then 2 weeks past due date.
  • edited July 2012
    @victoriarenee No, my doctor and the clinic I went to wasn't so good all they would ever do is measure my stomach and ask if I have any questions oh and listen to the babies heartbeat. Each n everytime besides the 3 ultrasounds during this pregnancy..
  • @AishaMusa yeah mine is the exact same way with checking my vitals. But they have to see me until baby is out.
  • They should still have scheduled an apt and should until the baby is here. My friend got induced at 41+5.
  • Hang on. Baby will come. Most first babies are late. Just sucks when its soooo HOT out. Good luck when the time comes.
  • Happy due date day, Aisha!
  • I went up to 10 month pregnant. The only reqsson i went into L&D was because i hadent felt him move all morning. So i went in at 5pm the minitored me and he started moving. But my doc suggested induction since i passed 9 months. Ao im guessing as long as she is good in their let her come when she wants. Shes probably very comfty:)
  • Well technically a pregnancy is supposed to be 40 weeks...which is 10 months... @mommy2bjuly31
  • I forgot to mention that isn't it past 2 weeks there is a possibility that she can poop inside and cause infections to baby when swallowing it? Idk for sure just something I have heard.

@homebirthadvocate
  • So did they never do a strep b test for you? They do those at 36 weeks I think. Thats also when drs usually check you to see of anything is happening.
  • It really depends on your OB too, bc my friend was 13 days past her due date. My sister was induced on her due date bc her OB was going on vacation. Mine only would go one week past due.
  • Ok thanks @homebirthadvocate I didn't want to give her false information.
  • edited July 2012
    @fate Thanks!! :)
  • I was induced at 41 weeks exactly. They told me I'd still be preg if it was up to her lol she was my first and when they'd check me, her head would float up and never fell into the pelvis so I wasn't progressing. :-) never know.. they never forced c section or made it seem like the only option so I was able to have her vaginally even though I was in from 730am August 11 to 658pm August 12 :-P now with this one.. I think he's entering.. haha he hurts so bad! Can't wait to see your updates!