Ugh it's taking forever!

So I am 7 weeks today ...and it's taking forever to get a doctors appointment! Stupid military hospital! The way it works here is after you get positive blood work for your pregnancy they schedule you for a group meeting (with other soon to be moms). At the meeting you pre register for the hospital, they talk to you about yor options for an OB (family med or women's health) and they send you for your beg blood work. THEN they call you and set up your first OB appt for the following week. Well my meeting is the 17th and then my apt won't be until the following week...Its taking FOREVER! I tried to tell them that I have already been thru all of that, And I am moving on the 31st so it does t matter if I pre register or even who my doc is! They won't listen...

I am thinking of going to an ultra sound place in town and getting a heartbeat check just for some price of mind...it's only $25...

Sorry so long...I just needed to vent..this is taking forever!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am but it's so hard...this pregnancy I have all these fears that something is wrong...it's driving me nuts! @homebirthadvocate

@bexiewexie I just made my appt for next week..$25 well spent if you ask me lok
  • Ya I know...but I feel like I might feel better right now if I could just see my LO...I know I am being impatient...lol
  • My OB doesn't see patients until they are 10-12 weeks along. And no ultrasound until about 13 weeks. If there is indeed something wrong like you feel, would an ultrasound even be able to show this early? Just curious, not sure how early the can show things.
  • No it wouldn't...I think it's just for piece of mind...@1stwoodsbaby

Just being impatient...Whatevs....
  • Agreed with HBA! Ultrasounds are fun so enjoy seeing that little one!
  • Aww lol. You're silly! The military hospital here doesnt see you till 12 weeks. With my second baby, I couldn't get in until I was 19 weeks because of awaiting Medicaid. I know you're stressed, but like @homebirthadvocate said, there's nothing they can do anyways. And plus, IF there was something wrong, they likely wouldn't find it this early anyways.
  • I guess when I say 'something wrong' I mean what if there isn't a baby in there...or if there is no heart beat...I am just stressing for nothing...I know they don't see you until atleast 10 weeks..that's how it was here with Ollie...my hormones are just getting the best of me that's all.
  • @ashley_smashley I get it...
    After having 2 miscarriages, I needed to see that heartbeat. So did my hubby, so we went around 8 weeks to see that beautiful flicker in a gummybear. <3 Peace of mind is priceless.
  • Thank you! @misskristin it took me so so long to get pregnant with Ollie, that when I got pregnant this time do quickly it's just made me think that I can't possibly be that lucky! I just keep reassuring myself that nothing is wrong...but the ultrasound next week is really going to help put me at ease.