on and off sharp pains in lower stomach

edited January 2011 in August 2011
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I get Sharp pains through my lower stomach and some cramps on and off. If I lay down or set in a recliner and stretch out it goes away. Is this cramping normal? This is my first pregnancy and I want to make sure the baby is ok

Comments

• I have been having them all afternoon. I had to do the same as you and lay down, I put cream on my belly and spent sometime rubbing it in that help lots
  • Its probably gas. Ive had the same pains. More of a pinch than a cramp? If I stretch out or rub my belly I feel better! Gotta love it!
  • Oftentimes, these sharp pains are the result of round ligaments stretching. Your uterus, after all, is being used a whole new way.
  • I had the same thing in my first pregnancy and the Dr said I was dehydrated
  • I had pains like that too but just if they get bad I would call ur doc to be safe! Its my first too and I was worried at first but they didn't get that bad. Congrats btw!
  • Yea I've heard that to oldmama just making room for ur baby but severe pinching that last awhile I'd call ur Dr
  • Thank you everyone for your advice.
  • I felt those for two days :) I am due for my cycle today...I am praying my uterus is stretching to make room for a new one we have been ttc for a year and a half...
  • Make sure you aren't dehydrated...i.went to the e with terrible sharp pains to only be told I was dehydrated...
  • That had to be a relief though
  • Good luck wannababy
  • Thanks myscheyla :) day 2 no cycle :) wondering if I need to wait til day 28 to test... that way I am equal to everyone else?
  • I was due to strt on the 22nd. Still nothing. Im waitin until friday to test. But I knw im prrggers. Ive never felt like this
  • Wannababy I had been through so many scares and so many tests, I was 5 weeks late before going to the Dr because they told me before that 3 weeks was to early. So when I went to the Dr last week I was expecting a negative result. It's an awesome feeling, but if you want to test early, if there is a dollar tree in your area a lot of clinics use their tests if you don't want 10 dollars for 2
  • I'm 10 weeks 2 days, and I've been having the same problem. This is my first baby, too, and the first time it happened, I ran to the comuter to read about it. I couldn't find much, so I called my mom, who worked as an rn at an ob/gyn for almost 6 years. She said it's probably from the uterus stretching and preparing for the baby. Gas can also cause the same problem. I seem to get the pains is I suddenly cough or sneeze, but from what I've heard it goes away around the end of the first trimester.
  • I also read dehydration can cause the cramps too.
  • I had that n was so scared cuz its my first pregnancy but my dr said it was fine its just the uterus stretching n getting bigger for baby
  • Does the uterus stop stretching after your first trimester. Like does it get as big S it needs to get
  • No sadly lol it's constantly stretching it just isn't so rapid in the second trimester but starts again like mad in the third but it's easier to deal with because you know and feel your baby getting bigger and stronger everyday :-)
  • The same thing happened with me and the doctor said I'm completely fine unless I'm bleeding
  • Thanks you two :)
  • I get the same thing than it feel like the baby goes 2 the bottom nd ball up nd it hurt
  • Sometimes when I sneeze or cough i'll get a sharp pain.