flying with baby

edited July 2012 in Current Events
So at the end of the month im flying from Cali to Ga. My ? Is does it cost to bring stroller & carseat?? Lol sorry for the dumb ? .... But i know she flies free if she sits on my lap.

Comments

• I think they just check them at the gate for you for free, but I'm not sure. Maybe check the airlines website?
  • I am flying at the end of the month and my airline doesn't charge for those.
  • edited July 2012
    95% of all airlines lets you check the carseat AND the stroller at the gate for free. We just flew in April and thats how it was. Every airline is different, so check out their website for the specifics for that certain airline.
  • @ericak22 thanks, ill give them a call 2moro bc i have to ask if i can show some other kind of proof of nylas age bc i dont have her birth certificate :( this is so frustrating.... Sigh* :-/
  • Her shot record will work to verify her age. Thats what we used. Also the "mothers copy" of the BC that you received at the hospital when she was born will work.
  • @ashley_smashley @1stwoodsbaby thanks ladies, im flying with american airlines. Hopefully, its free :)
  • @1stwoodsbaby oh okay, i do have my copy from the hospital to show date n time :) & the shot records. Thanks a bunch!!
  • I was wondering if they HAVE to be checked at the gate? Or can the car seat be checked at the check in counter? I am traveling along and don't want to lug the stroller, carseat, baby, and carry on all over the airport.. @1stwoodsbaby
  • http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/specialAssistance/childrenTraveling.jsp#IdentificationRequirements

Here is the AA's website info about traveling with children and infants. Its somewhat hard to read so you may want to try a customer service number to find out for sure.
  • @ashley_smashley lol thats what i really dont want to do bc i am flying with just me & nyla also. So great ?, i would love to kno the answer also
  • @ashley_smashley That I'm not sure about. We only checked our stroller so we used it to push her around the airport and just checked it at the gate.
  • LoL good I didn't want to hijack your thread! :)

Hmm guess I will have to call and ask. @nylasmommy how long is your flight, and how old wil your LO be? Ollie will be 10 months and I am dreading the 2.5 hr flight...that boy is a mover and shaker and hates to sit still...lol
  • @1stwoodbaby i read it perfectly fine thank u.

@ashley_smashley girl its no problem. Nyla will b exactly ten months on the day im flying july 27th. Nyla normally behaves really well in public lol. Im always on the bart train n she just looks around n never cries. But flying is totally different lol. My flight is more than 7 hrs.... So hopefully it goes well. So if the stroller is an umbrella or less than 20lbs it can b left at the gate. If its a larger stroller. It has to b checked at the luggage check in but will b free of charge only if baby is with u.
  • Ya Ollie is normally really good in public as long as he has some wiggle room..lol which he won't have to much of on an airplane. 7 hours?! That's a long time! I was dreading the 2.5. You will have to keep me updated and let me know of any pointers you figure out after your flight! Please! Thanks for that info from the airline!
  • When I flew, yes. I however traveled internationaly so its prolly different...I think u can check 2 items tho
  • @ashley_smashley I know you can check the base of the carseat at the counter, and if you have a travel system you can check the stroller and carseat at the gate. That's what I did with my daughter.
  • @ashley_smashley aww ur sons name is so cute! I will def let u know how my experience went lol. Yes, over 7 hrs. N i board my plane at 6am & ill probably b up by 3am pumping n getting ready n nyla ready. Hopefully she sleeps thru out the plane ride. I wished my flight was 2.5 :)
  • @nylasmommy ... OMG its funny you brought this up. My honey asked me tonight if I was at the airport flying alone with the baby and had to "take a dump" what would I do..

Enquiry minds wanna know what would YOU do???

I know sorry random question.
  • @ynvtish lmfao, i was just thinking #1 but hey & if i didnt have a stroller. Shyt.... Nyla goin right on my lap haha.
  • Lol! I have totally done that before! ^^
  • edited July 2012
    :)) how bout on the plane? Guess i have to hold it in haha
  • Haven't done it on a plane lol. Just in my powder room when Olls was feeling especially clingy!
  • I just flew with Xavier i checked both his carseat and stroller at the counter and when i got off the plane they had my stroller waiting for us i fkew south west but i"m guessing most airlines so similar things.
  • @nylasmommy ... RMAO I answered the question the same too. LOL I totally forgot about the strolled and taking it into the handicap stall. LOL

On my kids field trip my LO was in a moby wrap and I took her on the toilet with me. LOL
  • If she sits on ur lap it is free. If she has her own seat you have to pay for her seat. You don't have to pay to check the carseat and stroller. You can bring them all the way untill you get on the plan and then they take them for you and put them under the plan and when you get off they are waiting for you in that tube thing you walk in to get inside.
    Also you can have formual as well as bottles filled with water.
  • @ashley_smashley lol

@stella if AA does that for me it would b great :)

@ynvtish lol now i want a moby wrap haha.

@mallory27 thats great info. Thank u so much. I pump, so hopefully they store sum of my bottles in the fridge
  • edited July 2012
    We're going to texas for my brother in laws wedding next week i think we're flying american i'll let you know how they do it. i'm i glutten for punishment we have three flight with in a month we just got back from Georgia we fly to texas next week and then pa at the end of the month.
  • @stella oh that would b great. Please let me kno :) wow, three flights in a month Thats alot. I dont kno how u do it. Was it just u & baby??
  • @nylasmommy I had a little insulated bag with an ice pack that I took on the plane with pumped milk. They just had me open the bottles at security and the waved something over it to make sure it wasn't anything.
  • @nylasmommy my husband flys with us it is an adventure with the both of us lol but i always over pack id rather have too much then not have something i need ( i drive my hubby crazy) so we traveled with a ton of bags. Texas won't be to bad we're only going for two days but the trip to Georgia and the one going to pa are a week so it looks like a pack the whole dam house.the worst part for us was getting through the airport make sure you give your lo a bottle when taking off and landing it helps a ton with their ears.