Early potty training

I want to start potty training my daughter (she will be 1 August 5th) I've read a lot about and I think its great and makes alot of sense! Where do I start? Do I do the "potty break"? How often? Is there a reward system in early potty training? Any help, advice or tips appreciated!

Comments

• Bump I wanna.no.to
  • I would like to know also my lo will be 1 August 3rd....it would be nice to almost be out of diapers
  • @squrit299 @tootie08 I bought my lo a princess potty cover thing today, she sat on it for a few mins. I decided to do it because she was constipated and I've heard sitting them on the potty helps. She popped a little but she was to upset at the constipation to celebrate. Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A friend of mine of fb is tt her 7 month old she now wakes up early hrs of morning to go
  • Lilium seemed interested in potty training around 9 months and her doctor said go for it as long as it isn't forced. Now She'll have days where she asks to go and goes, days where she asks to go and just wants to play in the bathroom and days where she could care less about it. When she does use the bathroom we praise and clap when she doesn't we tell her good try and that's the end of it. Just like you would an older child. I'm lucky enough to be a sahm so I can work with her if she is in the potty mood.

She surprised my mom when we were in the car by calling out "batroom" (bathroom) over and over again and after a few minutes getting this really sad look on her face. My mom asked what happened and I said that Lilium just peed and is sad she didn't make it to the bathroom (we were on the freeway and there wasn't a chance in Hell I was going to let my 16 month old use a rest stop!), my mom checked and her diaper was full and fresh, my mom couldn't believe it.
  • @homebirthadovcate I potty trained my first at 22 months and he was fully trained by 2! I was happy with that because all my nephews weren't trained until 4, it was weird my kid that was 2 yrs younger then the rest was potty training with the rest of them. He did really well and was easy so I am hoping my girl is just as easy!
  • @cheekyerin does she wake up early to use the potty or just to wake up?
  • @conreeaght how did you start? Did you introduce her to the bathroom and let her explore it first or did you just put her on the potty? I am also a sahm so I have plenty of time to work with her! Do you put her on a schedule or just let her go when she wants to?
  • To use the potty
  • I always had to take her with me when I used the bathroom so she was familiar with the flushing sound that startles a lot of kids and she thought it was a game to sit on the potty I guess because she wanted to do it. She started to become really poop shy (only going at home, hiding to go, ect.) When I asked her doctor about it she said if we wanted to try to potty train her it can't hurt but she warned us that it might go slow. We had a mini potty so we started with that. Mostly she would play with it. When she started to want to use it we moved it to the bathroom.

As for her using it that's a hit or miss depending on the day. Some days she is all aspire sitting on the potty other days I can't get her to take interest in it. She has gone days when she is 100% using the potty but they are not common. Normally just three or four times a day. If she isn't feeling well (tired, bad teething day) I might get her sitting on the potty once but not for long.

Sorry it took me so long to reply I have had so much going on I couldn't get on pregly. Sorry this is so long as well, I tend to do that a lot.
  • Well I don't think it will work for a1 year old but once they get close to being 2 you put them on the potty every 30 minutes and if they go you give them a treat usually m&ms are the easiest. And u do it until they start asking to go my mom did this with all of us took one day with the girls and two with my brother lol....