tiny little man

edited July 2012 in Ages & Stages
Didn't know where to put this...my two year old is so small. He weighs 27 lbs but height he is 36.5 inches which is really tall. He is as tall as my friends kid who is four. He has 6 percent body fat and I'm told his weight is too low. I've tried everything to get him to eat. There are good days and bad days. All he eats is protein. Last night I grilled out skinless chicken breast with bbq sauce...I made pasta salad and sweet corn. On his plate the only thing he ate was the chicken. I bought carnations breakfast essentials and put it in his milk bc pediasure he didn't like. I'm not sure what else to do. My daughter was the same way and now is fine eats like a little piggy but she is 8 and didn't start eating good til about a year ago.any suggestions?

Comments

• Maybe theres thos pedialyte drinks for kids like that dont eat
  • Omg Tessa is 11 months and weighs 23lbs haha
  • Isn't there formula for toddlers? Maybe that will help him gain weight?
  • @squrit299 I've tried pediasure that's the one with protein. The pedialyte I think is just for hydration.
    @starrxoxo9 I know he is small, my nephew is 15 months and weighs 25lbs.
    @Mallory27 I think there is I could try that...my fiance was like just get him a protein shake but I don't think those are for kids.
  • My 4 year old is only 32 pounds he's skinny to he really likes chicken an cheese quesadillas an homemade nachos maybe that wuld be good to try for him since cheese is suppose to be fattening. An maybe try the kid cuisine frozen meals they have all diff kinds of food kids like an comes with pudding an sprinkles (but he hates Anythang sweet weird I no lol!) an wic told me to keep him on a gummie or flintstone vitamin .
  • My 3 yr old (girl) is 28 pounds. Dont stress ur self out over it. As long as he is eating. My 3yr old is a very picky eater so i always make sure she gets a childrens multivitamin w iron.
  • Keep offering stuff. Put cheese in where you can. I have a feeling McKinley will be like that. She's 13 months and 18 lbs, born at 7 lbs. He won't let himself starve! But I know how stressful it is when you have a smaller child and people give you looks like, why aren't you feeding this child??
  • Aww I just gotta big girl :)
  • @Mrz_Jackson thx I'll try those suggestions:) quesadillas sound really good:)
    @mommyof3girls @natashalynn Yeh they kinda got me stressed! I get worried and I do sometimes feel like people are looking. We were at baseball last week and this lady wasuuje oh they won't be in the same group bc my son is only turning 4. Ummm my son is,two lady...I guess bc my son was as tall as her son. I said oh ok they might be bc he is only two. She just gave me this look like "oh"
    And forget wic the lady seemed to act like I wasn't feeding him...he only has 6 percent body fat she says with the only look on her face. Ugh! And she was saying my 3 .pmonth old is tiny too
  • My son will be 4 sept third and he is only 33lbs he has always been average height or a little taller but very thin. He never hit 30lbs until after 3 years. The doctors always bothered us and ran a bunch of tests on him. He is healthy just doesn't eat too much and is very active. I no longer worry about it I figure he will eat when hungry. The docs recommended putting him back on whole milk and giving him ovaltine in it and he loved that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If his health is good, he is fine. Growth charts cannot account for individual genetics. It sounds perfectly normal for him. My almost 4 year old daughter is 24lbs. I give her pediasure frequently.