Parallel parking *update :)

I went for my driver's license yesterday and I didn't pass. Boo lol Well I had happened to hit the pyrons while parallel parking and after they had told me I failed I backed up and ran those things over again completely lol. There was also quite a bit of a crowd outside watching, I tried to hurry & drive off as fast as I could lol. Gotta say that was really embarrassing, for me anyway X_X

Comments

• I didn't have to do that thank God
  • I had to take my test twice also. Don't feel too bad. Mine was for not leaving enough room on the left side for this big truck that wanted to turn left onto the street we were on. This truck was so wide. He cleared his turn just fine, but my instructor thought it wasn't good enough. I was so upset and my Dad called me names on the drive home.
  • Aw I jus started practiceing driving yesterday I really think I will fail to my nerves will get the best of me i want my license sooo bad ugh !!!
  • An I didnt think they failed u jus for doin that wow!
  • Lol aww!! I'm horrible at parallel parking. Before we lived together, my bf lived on a busy one way street and I used to get so mad trying to park! People would always be outside and I'd get so embarrassed lol. Seriously though on my road test I don't even know how I passed!!
  • Im really not good at parallel parking too but i didnt have to do that. I only made two mistakes while driving. lol, i just got my license last month on my first try. I was so nervous. But i practiced every morning for 3 weeks. Good luck next time :)
  • edited July 2012
    @squrit299 Lucky >:p lol

@Mrs4c Really? That sucks big ones. Wow your dad seems pretty tough on you sounds like :( I didnt even make it to the road which I think I wouldve past no doubt but parallel parking is first on the test unfortunately

@Mrz_Jackson Well if you hit the curb or the pyrons its an automatic fail so yeah lol they did go by that lol I was so confident too jeeze I wouldve past the actual road test though ugh Arizona Dmv's suck ass!
    You'll get the hang of it, its pretty easy after you get use to the basics

@starrxoxo9 Lol the instructors were laughing at me it was horrible. Atleast you got it eventually! Lol

@NylasMommy In Az its required at majority of all the DMVs to parallel park so Im screwed lol. I already drive without my license :-$ I just need to get the damn thing lol
  • O wow I so hope it isn't like that here I cannot parallel park so I mite be screwed to lol !
  • @BlessedTxMom You know I think its the same here except downtown phoenix, which I never have to go around anyways. I wish it was the same up here
  • I failed the first time too...I should have the second too bc I hit the cones while parallel parking...but the guy passed me. He must know parallel parking is hard lol. I'm a pro now we live on a two lane one way st. I am so good at it I can get in the tiniest spaces. It was a challenge when we bought the truck but I'm used to it now. My fiance usually has to let me do it, if he is driving he will be like can you park. So practice makes perfect keep trying...I've nrented driving since 1996 and up until we moved here I couldn't do it for nothing! It's funny now I'll park somewhere other than home, it'll be a small spot and I know people are looking at me like look at her "trying" to park...my satisfaction ihen I get in the spot and they are like wow she did it! I think people think females can't drive so prove em wrong! ;) good luck!
  • At least you learn how to parrallel park. My driving test in VA didnt consist of it. I never learned how to drive back home in NYC. When I drove home for the first time, i got inside the city and a lightbulb popped on....I didn't know how to parrqllel park!!! Horrible experience!
  • Lol, as long as u kno how to drive.
  • I failed at parallel parking too. When all the other kids in my car got to drive on the freeway the last day, I had to do parallel parking over and over again. 12 years later and I still suck. Which is terrible cause we live in a row home so the ONLY way to park is parallel parking on the street. BOOOOOO to that!
  • I had to parallel park an 18 wheeler, I have a class A CDL!!! :D I'M A BEAST! LOLOLOL

A little unknown fact about me. I admit, it was hard though.
  • edited July 2012
    @lolasbabynum1 not all dmv's in AZ make you parallel. Some have you do the 3 point turn, or at least they did when I got mine in 06.
  • @MorgDeeBee really?! Which ones?
  • @Wilsomom Jeeze Thanks for the rub in lol
  • @musicmomma Screw parallel parking! Lol
  • @sehra4177 You got lucky the lady that tested me had no mercy on me :(
  • @lolasbabynum1 the one in Gilbert on baseline between val vista and greenfield and the one in Mesa on baseline and Mesa Dr. I believe
  • @lolasbabynum1 I'M SORRY! I didn't mean it like that at all! :/ It's hard, I know! (ok, ok, I failed the first time too! - It's HARD!) Just keep practicing, you'll get it I promise! (& I'm really sorry, seriously)
  • @captivated I mean I dont have good "teachers" (hubby, my dad, older sister) to show me how to parallel they complicate the simplest things so I have to basically figure it out myself lol 8-|
  • edited July 2012
    @Wilsomom Lol its ok no need to apologize I didnt take it wrong Im not hard up I swear :-j But yeah it does suck its pretty useless if you ask me i'd rather walk the extra mile then park parallel lol lazy me
  • @lolasbabynum1 I don't think I've ever had to parallel anywhere in az lol
  • @MorgDeeBee I know! Except downtown phoenix or downtown wherever lol its dumb.
    But my cousin was telling me about the one in mesa. Its really far from where I am
  • I had the guy that everyone in highschool said not to get the neck brace guy the first time...the 2nd was cool he passed me:)
  • edited July 2012
    I didnt have to do it on mine. I took my test after I had recieved my military licence and had driven HMMWVs for 11 months in combat so I was pretty experienced. Well except for the brake, I didnt use that to much out there!! Lol j/k... but I ended up driving my 68 mustang and it has horrible steering so I was all over the road. But the guy was former military and we actually talked the whole time and it flew by quickly. I think talking about the military relaxed me too. (I had just returned from combat and didnt feel ok talking with non-military people including family)
  • @lilbit01_209 Thats pretty awesome :)
  • @LolasBabyNum1 wen r u goin bak? was ur instructor nice ? I'm goin tomorrow to drive around were we take it I wanna no exactly what an where u gota drive lol