Mooncup nightmare! TMI

Ive been using my mooncup for three cycles now and after today, its going in the bin! I have always bled extremely heavy but ive been having to change the mooncup every 90 minutes or I'm spilling out everywhere. Anyway, this morning I woke up to what can only be described as the scene from a japanese horror movie, blood everywhere, and I had only changed it 4 hours prior. I must just have too heavy a cycle for them, but having paid £25 for it, Im loathe to throw it out, grrrrrr.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Do they have the Diva cup in the UK?
  • Im not sure @mrs4c, they arent widely available over here, very few places stock the mooncup so i doubt it, why? is it better? Im so frustrated, i really dont want to go back to using pads but i think thats my only option.
    @homebirthadvocate yeah, annoying! thanks for replying anyway : -)
  • Sorry.. but dumb questions.. what is the moon cup? How do you use it ?
  • Hey Ivis!! A mooncup is a menstrual cup that sits inside you during your period, which is supposed to catch your bleed, so that you dont need tampons and pads. its a great invention but hasnt worked outwell for me, i think im just one unlucky one though!
  • I use the diva cup..never used the moon up. My cycle is very heavy the first few days so I found I have to wear a pad with it, especially at night. It's kinda a pain, and the reason I went to the diva cup was to get away from chemicals...do after this pregnancy I am going to buy re useable pads. Sorry you have had such a nightmare. If you want to try the diva cup you could look in amazon.
  • I know a lot of women use the Diva cup as their choice menstrual cup out here..'m not sure about a side by side comparison, but like stated before, you could always try it out from Amazon. :) reusable pads called mommy cloths are another option if you like the eco friendly choice, but obviously It's still a pad so if pads aren't your favorite thing then the mommy cloths might not be for you.
  • Could you use the cup on your lighter days? Toward the end of your cycle? That way you wouldn't have to throw it away and feel like it was a waste of money.
  • @JoshnEviesmum sounds like a good idea , now i want one lol
  • At least it was at home and not in public somewhere! Imagine soaking your clothes in public??
  • @captivated thats true, it could have been a lot worse.
    @Molly yeah I think thats what Im going to do, for the time being at least.
    @homebirthadvocate and @mrs4c and @ashley_smashley Thanks ladies, I think Im going to invest in some reusables, I really feel disappointed that it hasnt worked out thus far, but Im going to do some research into the Diva cup and see if thats any better for me as I really dont want to go back to disposable pads if I can help it.

@mama_kat I have the same issue with tampons, changing them more often than I can keep up with!

@janet_2011 they're great if you dont have such a heavy flow, and they pay for themselves after a few months as you dont need to buy tampons etc, I really love the idea of them but they just havent been practical for me so far.
  • So im really confused, you walk around with acupuncture up there? Doesn't it hurt? I mean I know it is not an actual cup but is it big?
  • @my2boys While I haven't used one, I do use nuvaring as bc...I don't feel it while it's in and it is fairly round. I imagine the cup is made of a flexible, safe material that just fits inside and forms a temporary seal to prevent leaks. We have to remember, the vagina is very accommodating so it's likely not to be felt or noticed.
  • @my2boys thats ^^ correct. It's fits just up inside and as long as its in properly you don't feel it at all!
  • Arent there sizes for that? Is it possible that you got the smaller size meant for women who haven't had children (whose cervix's are smaller)??
  • If she bleeding really heavy it's possible to overflow it. They are all the same depth just different width sizes at the top...depending on age and child birth. @redshadoe0