Does suddenly carrying your baby low in the stomach, mean labors coming soon?

edited July 2012 in Third Trimester
May sound silly I know but thats what a few people told me...

Well im 3days and a couple hrs overdue. These are my symptoms so far...
~Last Thursday early morning bad stomach pains, around 7-8am one time within that period of time.
~Last Thursday 11am-11:30am bad stomach pains.. not alot though..
~Friday morning 6ish bad heartburn and Alot of stomach movements
~Friday night Alot of stomach movements and some back pain.
~Saturday morning 7-8ish occasional but really active stomach movements.
~Sunday night (yesterday) 10pm to 10:30pm occasional but active stomach movements..

What ya'll think??
Imma a new mámá so no idea what any of this means or even what contractions feel like...

Comments

• I do think it could mean that, but not meaning the baby is coming today lol. My son dropped about a week before I thought for sure he was coming bc the pains. But since your overdrive it could mean more:) how far are they letting you go? My ob wouldn't ho past a week. My friend and also my cousin were 2 weeks past their due dates. Good luck:)
  • Ok @Aishamusa do you want the good news or bad news ;-) ???
  • It's not uncommon for lightening to occur closer to labor for first time moms. Hopefully you won't be far from holding your baby!!!
  • Ok my contractions felt like it was lo pushing with her feet on my stomach from the inside. It was nothing but pressure. My contractions never got painful. I went in because my water started to leak. I was dilated 5cm five days before she was born and was still a 5 when I got to the hospital. As for it coming soon I have no clue. Stomach movement means baby movement? I've heard that they will start to be lazy a couple days before. I also felt sick to my stomach before I went into labor.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2012
    @trixiesmom8 yeah that's what I ment, well my stomach can't move on its own lol...

@ynvtish how about both?? :)

@sehra4177 I didn't mean today I just ment soon..

@misskristin I hope not eather, I'm just tired of waiting...

Thanks ladies..
  • I bet you @aishamusa is in labor right now.
  • edited July 2012
    @ynvtish sadly no :(
  • edited July 2012
    Oh @aishamusa there you go. How ya feeling this morning
  • edited July 2012
    Good :) how's your morning?? @ynvtish
  • edited July 2012
    Oh I'm fine, but Im not the one pregnant. LOL

When do you go back to your Dr.?
  • I know u can't wait to hold your little angel I hope u go into labor soon good luck!!!!
  • @blessedtimes2 Thanks!!

@ynvtish they never scheduled another one.. :) im not stressed since im not severly late... My hubby gets time off work this week so it'll be soooo beneficial if she comes this week...
  • U welcome:)
  • @aishamusa have you just been laying in bed ?
  • Get up and walk! I know it's hot outside, even if you wait until late at night to walk, walk until you can't anymore!! It will help throw you into labor. I was due 7/4 last year, and didn't have him until 7/9...so just stay active, and you will get to hold your baby soon! :D
  • I don't know @Erica22 she might be better off relaxing. I remember trying everything under the sun and NOTHING. If anything I just tired myself out and made meself sore.
  • Well I get out too but I just dont have the energy like I used to. @ynvtish
  • @ynvtish I don't know, but it may help jump start labor for her, especially if she's dilated any.

Maybe you can do some squats to help bring the baby down, and widen your pelvis. I was trying EVERYTHING last year to go into labor, and walking a lot did it for me.
  • @EricaK22 i'll try that..
  • I walked, did squats, exercise ball for a well straight and nothing happened. I want even dilated when I went into labor :( Since your overdue, maybe it will work better. Good luck and I can't wait to hear the news that your heading to the hospital!
  • Sex lots and lots of sex
  • I was over active before Malia was born.. not cause I wanted to, lol, my mom was visiting & I of course had to happily show her as much city as I could.
  • Lol true but sometimes I felt like my stomach had a mind of its own when my lo was inside lol she was all over the place. I can't remember if she moved a lot before I went in or if she was lazy just like me. The day my water started leaking I was so tired and felt so nauseous(sp) I didn't really eat much. I just slept all day mostly. When I went into labor it was hubby's first day back to work from taking a few days off cause the doc said I would go at any time and he didn't want to be at work. I hope she comes soon for you while hubby is off all week. Is he taking any time off once she gets here?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yepp hba is right! I've never heard of a doc not scheduling for more apts just because you're 40 weeks.