csection mommas

Please tell me it gets better. I'm only 3 days PP and I feel like crap. I ache so much and still have a flab of belly so it gets heavy for my incision. how long until you felt better? any advice or suggestions? Maybe just some words of encouragement?

Comments

• I know how u feel but it will go away I promise. Anyway for me the pain went away at 1 week pp. All u can do right now is take the pain relief pills the doctor gives you.
  • I promise it will get better hun. My recovery went really well, like the above person mentioned take the pain pills as needed. Right now just try and focus on your lo and yourself. Do you have someone helping you at home?
  • u will feel better soon! i had an emergrncy csection with my son and i dont remember being in pain afterwards! the night i left hospital i was in thr supermarket doing the shopping and i got home and did some hoovering! i think i probably was in pain as my scar took weeks to actually heal together but i dont remember any of it now! i remember it only hurt when i sat down to get in the car! it will defo get better and its so worth it! in a few months u wont even remember how u felt now:-)
  • @Camilasmommie @JuliansMommy @denois thank you ladies. My husband is home for two Weeks and he's amazing with our son but I feel horrible struggling to do things. Did you bf or ff?? I've been doing both but i'm so exhausted from pumping
  • edited July 2012
    I took very long to recover bc i had no one helping me with Nyla. I didnt walk straight til after 3 weeks. But just take the pain pills bc it will help. I only took it at the hospital not when i got home. Feel better & good luck. Try to stay off ur feet
  • It def gets better. Get some high support panties or a support belt. That will help with the heavy stomach. Try to last reclined. Roll out of bed.
  • It will get better after a couple of days I was back on my feet I did not even have to take my pain meds it was easier than I had anticipated! I hope u feel better soon good luck:)
  • i had my boyfriend at home for two weeks and was lucky my parents came to see me everyday as i could not drive! it sounds so stupid but i just kept thinking to myself just get on with it and carry on as i was before i had the baby! i was out walking two days after leaving the hospital! everyone kept reminding me that i had a major surgery and needed to take things easy! i just kept on my feet and kept goin!
    and in answer to your question i formula fed as baby would not latch on and by the time i decided on expressing it was too late :-(
  • It does get better! Medela (sp) makes a post partum wrap, they sell it at babies r us. Get one of them it really helps! Make sure you wear it over a tank top!
  • Yes it gets better... Definitely get a post partum belly wrap, my hospital gave me one. I would put on a tank top, lay over it on the bed and my hubby would velcro it as tight as it could go. I was deathly afraid of that flab of skin staying, put it shrinks slowly I promise. It took the full six weeks for me to feel "normal" and then another few months for me to lose all the weight and not be afraid of my incision. Good luck hun!
  • Hang in there babe. I promise promise it gets better. Remember that u just went through major surgery. Give yourself some time. The more walking you do the better. Id say about a week or two I really started to feel better. Just give yourself some time
  • @everyone thank you so much! I'll definitely send my dh out for a belly band wrap! Its only me and dh so I must take advantage of these two Weeks. I've been trying to bf but he won't latch for long:( pumping is exhausting and sleeping is a challenge so dh supplements with formula. Ugh I feel like i'm letting the surgery my excuse :(
  • Keep up on the pain meds. I didnt do it with my first two because I thought I was tough..lol but it does make a world of difference. Like everyone else said too the wrap makes it a little more manageable. The pressure feels good. I breastfeed all of mine and it just takes patience. The baby knows when you are stressed. I know its hard but you just have to relax. Plus, the flab will go away. My last lo is 9months and you can barely see the scar. It just takes time. Before you know it the baby will be one and you will forget those first weeks.
  • They give u one there no need to go buy one and they work awesome! Ask your nurse for a wrap
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I felt better after a week, but even then you need to be careful. Even when you feel "healed" your insides still arent. I started feeling better, then did too much too soon and hurt myself. Just take it easy mama, but it will get better soon
  • It does get better. Just take it slow and don't be afraid to ask for help. Try to stay on top of your pain. It's a lot easier to manage when you aren't trying to catch up to it after you're already hurting. I hope things get better for you and you find some relief soon.