opinions please

So this week is bible school at church. I didn't know my sister was bringing her step daughter, she text me and asked if I would want to hang out while the kids are at bible school bc both of us live too far to go home in between. So it started yesterday...she comes in and drops off her step daughter barely says hi...bc her man was in the car. Ok so I guess we aren't doing anything. So today I text her around 10am to see if she wanted to do anything today bc otherwise she might run out again. She says sure, do you want to go to Rachels? (My other sis who lives around the corner from thwarted church) I say ok. She says she will let her know we are coming. Doesn't even mention anything about my son if he was still sick.
Back story my son was sick last week and is starting to get over it...my sis (the same sister) her son was born with cystic fibrosis. Which means if he gets a common cold its alot worse for him. So bc she wanted to swim the other day it was ok to bring her baby around my son...didn't say a word about my son having a little cold. Mind you we hung out 3 days last week while almost all of us were stuffy. So back to today I get a text at 410pm saying she doesn't think I should go to my other sisters house bc my son is still a little stuffy. She waits all day and earlier acted like we were gonna hang out and an hour before bible school starts now she tells me?!
What I want opinions on is she got mad when I text her back why was it ok last week to be around my son, bc she wanted to swim. And now today bc its she doesn't need me to dis me...it seems only when its convienant for her she will use her sons sickness to get her way. Like why wasn't it a big deal last week when my son was just getting sick, compared to this week where he is feeling better? She even let her step daughter sleep here knowing my son was sick. If my son had something like that I would leave if someone was sick...it wouldn't be only certain times. When I asked her why she didn't say anything last week her response was she was being discreet about it and just trying to keep him away...umm so you are gonna play with his health? I'm sorry but if my son had that I wouldn't be "discreet"...I'd be protecting his health at all times not just certain times. Plus if someone has a cold it can spread thru touching things my son touched just bc you are on the other side of the room doesn't mean he won't get it...ugh! Sorry so long but I'm heated!!

Comments

• This is crappy to hear. This is how acquaintances treat you, not family. I wouldn't let it be without yelling at her. Lol I'm sorry she is being such a poop head.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @RTMommy thx:) I'm sorry too...I wish my family didn't act like high school kids...ugh! It's all about what is good for them and what they can get out of it...lol at poop head that made me smile:)
  • edited July 2012
    Well I was trying not to say bad words. :) lol and poop head sums it up! I guess I just have a different way of dealing with family. I let people walk all over me a good part of my life, and at some point I broke and got confrontational. Now when something bothers me, I'm talking to the person about it pretty quickly. I'd sit your sister down and say something like: "if you really don't want to hang out, don't make plans, because then you waste time I could be doing something productive waiting on your childish ass to blow me off some how. I don't have a lot of free time, so don't waste it!" You may come off as a beeyotch a little, but they will know playing games isn't okay. Game players are so lame.
  • @RTMommy I hear ya...before I wouldn't have said anything at all. But that's why I did ask her why and I should have called her instead of text but I know my family she wouldn't have answered. I was tempted to go to my other sisters house but I had the baby. I always get walked all over too but lately I'm talking the past 3 months or so I'm starting to grow a vagina lol. Bc I'm sorry growing balls is regressing imo. But the other started crap not too long ago and expected me to be the one to give in...but sorry...I confronted her. The prob wit my family is in one ear out the other. Or they think in their demented minds they aren't wrong and try to justify what they are doing. Perfect example...I looked back at the texts at 10 am when she text me back she had no worries about my son still possibly being sick. It took her til 4 in the afternoon to realize oh wait her baby is sick...goes to show you her baby doesn't come first...that would have been my first thought at 10 am. She prob got talking to my other sister and they started plotting. But I'm over it. I wanted to vent bc if I didn't it builds up too much and I go nuts. I don't have anyone to really talk to bc if I talk to my mom, everything I say goes back to them. My fiance is good at listening but he works nights and I couldn't really talk to him:( but thanks for reading and helping. Oh I also wanted opinions bc sometimes when your mad you do stuff or say things out of anger. But still thinking about it this morning, what I was feeling wasn't wrong...I feel it was justified
  • I absolutely get it. We just need to vent sometimes and know it's not leaving the room (so to speak). I don't think you were irrational in your anger or feelings. I think both were completely justified. :)