atypical cells and hpv show up on 6w pp check up

Question is I have put off the biopsy and copal exam. And how did I get HPV after I pregnant and it never showed up before? My daughter is now 7months so I haven't gone back in for ever mainly because I was scared. I don't know what I should do now....

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mama_Kat I know I need to go in but I honestly don't have the money for all of this and don't think my acchs will cover it. It worries me everyday.
  • You need to get this sorted sweetie, my mum works in the cervical screening programme here In the UK so I'm quite passionate about it. Here we don't do screening at the 6 week pp check as you can get false results with the hormones etc still working, this may be why you got the result you did. However, you need to get checked again as you don't want these cells becoming pre cancerous or cancerous by leaving it. Good luck
  • Hey I left my problem and look where I am now. Minus one nut and about to be drugged out my mind for weeks. So march your butt in and get checked for your lo's sake lol.

Oh yeah am sure you will be fine. :-))
  • Wrong smiley damn it. >:D<
  • 80% of women get HPV in their lifetimes. There are over 300 different strands. Only two or three are the genital warts. Please make sure you follow up.
  • You need to get those cells off asap or it will get worse . I had it in 09 and got the biopsy and I also got the gardasil shots and I've never had an abnormal pap again.
  • You have got to follow through! I had the same result at my 6 week checkup. It turned cancerous within the 3 weeks my tests were being done. Don't wait!
  • @everyone ahhh you all are scaring me! Yes I know this needs to be done and I can't be selfish because I have my lo. I need to do it for her! I'm just sooooo scared. Hopefully I can get the courage to call and set up an appointment. Please pray for me.
  • I had an abnormal pap a few years ago, and tested for hpv as well...they sent me back two weeks later, and there was nothing. I went through all the testings, and there was still nothing. The drs didnt know why either. One dr told me that sometimes it can become active in your body, and then become inactive with no reason for either. I hope that's the case for you hun! :-)
  • @CristinaLynn I seriously hope so!
  • Thanks @HomeBirthAdvocate I am just worried because I don't think my insurance covers it and we don't have the money for that. I am just worried it will be bad.