Can I drink tea?

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
I heard something about some teas not bein good for pregnanct. Is McD's Sweet Tea ok? Cuz I drank one today...

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Caffeine should be limited, and I think there are studies that might show that tea may interfere with iron absorption. But my midwife told me that one a day is okay. And there is a lot of sugar in those delicious sweet teas. Just don't drink it a lot and you should ne fine.
  • I drink tea all the time. There r low or caffeine free brands out there. I drink it instead of coffee. It good bc u can sweeten it with a lil honey or lemon.
  • I sometimes hv tea w milk, it helps me w my constipation..... lol!
  • Yeah, I like green tea as a low caffeine alternative to coffee.
  • I only like sweet tea. I live in Oklahoma and people here drink it like its water!
  • I heard green tea is very dangerous while pregnant, but black tea is fine. So ur fine with sweet tea from mcdonalds. I have it all the time, and did with my first.
  • What about the Arizona Iced Teas?
  • edited March 2011
    I heard green tea can thin your blood
  • I heard green tea can thin your blood
  • My midwife said one or two cups a day should be ok. I drink it maybe twice a week.
  • As long as its not cup after cup its okay just like anything with caffeine n lots of sugar keep it minimum...
  • Also be careful of the diet ones with artificial sweetner
  • @Lyricsmommy I'm in Oklahoma too! And yes, it's true, we drink it like it's water. It was at least half my fluid intake with my twins and they're fine. I'm trying to cut back this time, but still drink a couple or three glasses a day.
  • agree with others...cutting back on all caffeine is recommended
  • Yea u don't drink any caffeineted drinks @ all, but tea has caffeine?
  • A little. Green has 1/3 the caffeine of coffee, I think black is about half.