Tramadol effects?

edited July 2012 in Health
I've been in so much pain it was effecting every aspect of my life. The doctor gave me tramadol because it's supposed to be strong enough to help, but weaker than major narcotics. Since I've started taking it yesterday afternoon, I've slept almost 15 hours (not straight) and I feel half stoned. I didn't think it was supposed to have that effect. Anyone else had that happen?

Comments

• Tramadol actually gives me crazy energy lol where I just want to clean Haha
  • Personally, no but I am prescribed much stronger narcotics. After a few days, your body will adjust and that wont happen. Maybe try only taking a half for the first couple days until your body adjusts to it.
  • @babiescomin2011 it does me, too, at first! Then after I'm hyper for like an hour all the weird shit kicks in and I look/act/feel like the biggest stoner alive. Lol
    @DavidnAadynsMama I was wondering about that. Normally my doc would give me something stronger, but I told him no lortabs or anything. They make me sluggish as all hell! Hopefully I adjust quickly :/
  • http://www.drugs.com/tramadol.html

Two weeks ago my dog was on Tramadol for a torn ACL. He was to take two tablets every 8 hours... He slept all the time and looked stoned. We actually took pictures of him because it was kind of funny. I don't know much about it, because I have only giving it to my dog as his vet prescribed, but the link above list some of the symptoms. Hope you feel better.
  • Personally, tramadol doesn't do a Damn thing for me... But for some crazy reason I've always had a higher tolerance than normal. Now my sister.... When she takes tramadol she knocks out like you did.
  • @OutNumberedByBoys That's pretty funny. Lol and thank you for the link! :)
    @RedShadeo0 The weird part is I handle demerol and fentanyl like a champ! But for some reason this stuff kicks my tail. Lol