IM BACK ON PREGLY N PREGNANT! BUT GOING THROUGH A ROUGH BEGINNING ...I NEED MY PREGLIES

edited July 2012 in First Trimester
Ok so I'm back n pregnant in just after 9 months. My son is 9.months n I found out I'm 9 weeks pregnant which I'm sooo happy ... HERE IS THE BAD PART... So I went to the docs n they did an U-S and its wasn't showing anything so they did a blood test my HCG was 50,000 3 days later I check n my HCG went only to 53,000....my doc said it should of doubled ...I did another U-S n they can't find the heartbeart but did see something ...so I took another blood test this time my HCG went DOWN TO 49,000 OMG...my doc said this isn't a normal pregnancy and I should do a DNC because the baby is not growing after 3 weeks I was still measuring @ only 6weeks STILL...so I begged for another U-S n CAN U BELIEVE THEY SAID THEY "THINK" they see a heartbreat but brought my results to radiology to confirm ...so now I have to wait one week for confirmation ...BUT MY DOC IS STILL TRYNA TELL ME MY HCG SHOULD BE DOUBLING N NOT GOING DOWN N I SHOULD BE MEASURING AT 9 WEEKS ...PLEASE I NEED SOME ADVICE..I KNOW IT A LONG STORY BUT I'M SO STRESSED ....MY HUSBAND N MOM IN LAW IS TELLING ME DONT LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS N DONT DO A D&C...I WANT THIS BABY SO BAD .....

Comments

• I would not get the D&C at this point. However, HCG does not drop in viable pregnancies. If so, this is very very verrrry rare. I would wait it out like they said for a week. By that point, if they cannot very visibly see a heartbeat (most can be heard on a doppler by 10 or so weeks) and your levels are not doubling, you are losing the baby or have already lost it. I would consider the D&C afterwards in order to prevent any infections from retained fetal tissue, but that's up to you. The majority of women will miscarry on their own, but doctors like to give it 2 weeks tops to occur naturally.
  • You will be in my thoughts %%-
  • I wouldn't agree to a dnc till I felt 100% that the baby was not viable. So keep demanding tests till YOU feel right about making a choice. It's not an easy one and one that will be made worse if you don't feel right about it.
  • Thank u ladies ....I'm so stressed because we were so happy we tried for 4 years for my baby boy n to know I'm pregnant again without trying was a blessing ....I don't want a d&c but do u think my HCG LEVELS FALLING BEing very odd? I get my lab results tomorrow .....I hope I can sleep tonight
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh good luck honey... I agree, wait it out a little longer and make sure.
  • Agreed - no DNC. I've read many stories of couples told to do DNC by one doctor, only to find a normal fetus weeks later. It isn't a perfect science. Maybe the lab messed up on HCG readings, you never know. Give it some time and be at peace. Let your body do what it needs to do.
  • Is there anyway you could have ovulated late & ate only 6w. I know it wouldn't explain hcg lowering, but it would explain not seeing anything at first on the u/s
  • Hcg levels do not fall. Only possibility is maybe a mess up with lab? But no, normal pregnancies do not have falling levels.
  • They crazy thing is the medical assistant. Said I should be spotting or bleeding by now..I hate my doctor If its bad news tomorrow I'm seeking second opinion .. my nausea n fatigue is getting worst....IM SO HAPPY PREGLY IS STILL AROUND IT HELPED ME THROUGHOUT MY LAST PREGNANCY .....AND NOW U GUYS R STILL HERE...THANK U...wen I was online researching hcg levels lowering my husband said "hey wat happened to that pregnancy preggoly site u was on last year?" Lol @ "preggoly" ...