9 month old will no longer eat baby food....... help?

Hers bad lol jk but She wont eat ANY baby food at all.. she has 5 teeth but dont really eat alot of normal food yet. She'll eat TINY peices of a tortilla, cheese, mac and cheese, hamburger buns, mashed potatoes, the inside of a french fry and thats all i've tried so far. But she does drink a bottle every 2-3 hours and about 4-8 oz. Anyone have any ideas of healthy easy/fast cooked or soft finger foods I can feed her?

Comments

• How about those little yogurts they sell in the baby aisle. Or Mum Mums, any type of a small biscuts. Ramen noodles maybe if you cut them into smaller pieces after cooking.

Just going off of experiences with my SIL's kids and being around them. Dont have 100% knowledge on it though...

I'll bump it for you.. :)
  • edited July 2012
    Nyla stopped eating her baby food also but when i put the fruit flavored ones in the freezer so it gets cold & slushy looking she eats it :) & the veggies has to b warm.

But i bought the baby teething feeder & put fresh fruits in it n shes loves it or baked chunks of yams :) she sucks the juice thru the net n squeese tiny pieces thru the net its awesome. i luv it bc she cant choke off it. But she also eats baby snacks that u can buy the yogurt melts, baby veggie sticks, the lil baby cereal.

Here is a pic of the baby teething feeder

• Ok let's see...here's a general list of things Ollie earts
    Cut up grilled chicken
    Apples (long slices no peels and just let him use his teeth to naw)
    Oranges
    Bananas
    Peaches
    Pancakes
    French toast
    Scrambled eggs
    Rigatoni noodles with a little sauce
    French fries
    Yogurt
    Steamed carrots
    Steamed broccoli
    Steamed asparagus
    Corn on the cob
    ....lok honestly everything we eat (as long as its not spicey) he gets some...
  • Mines simular to @ashley_smashley 's list. My lo eats everything. He has also had tillapia, salmon, crab, grilled cheese sandwiches, butter and jelly sandwich, pickles, rice, beans and cheese, rotini.... and a bit more but cant think of it now... oh and he gets a baby yogurt (A refrigerated one b/c the shelf stable one has had the probiotics cooked which cuts the effectiveness)
  • My lo is 9months. She hates baby food. She eats EVERYTHING i eat. If i dont share there'll be a meltdown. And she also eats her snacks. Puffs, crunchies, yogurt melts, mum mums. I also give her lunchables. The snack ones with the mini ritz, cubbed meat, and strips of cheese. Oh, and she has NO TEETH!! Lol
  • Try getting some baby snacks like the gerber puffs and dip it in the baby food and see if she will eat it that way. JaMaiya was the same way but now she eats it and she also eats what I eat....you can also try making baby cereal and mixing some baby food in it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My son only has two teeth is 9 1/2 months eats everything I eat as long as its not spicy. He also has his yogurt melts ,puffs, the star puffs, cherrios in between feedings.
  • are you worried because your baby wont eat baby food and u dont want them to eat normal food yet or are you worried that your baby has gone off food completely?
  • I'm going through the exact same thing with my 9m old. She has 6 teeth, 4 just in the last week. Her appetite had decreased in the past week due to the teething, but she Will NOT eat baby food. All the above suggestions is pretty much what I have done. My 10yr old wasn't like that but all kids are different to. Just experiment and she will let you know what she likes. Just continue to watch for allergy reactions. I'm avoiding shellfish until over 1yr, just to be safe. Good luck and have fun with it
  • soo sorry i havent replied to you guys i been in the hopsital :(
    Anyways all your suggestions were amazing and im going to try them, I pretty sure shes feeling sick too because she has a fever on and off and is goin to the bathroom like a newborn TMI (yellow and seedy) Im pretty sure its because all she'll eat is milk. I been giving her some of our foods but shes just feeling sick and i dont think she wants any baby food whatsoever. im kind of scared to give her food she has to chew on (she chews great but she chokes alot.) this is so hard lol. oh and im pretty sure shes allergic to eggs because she got a rash when i gave them to her. & @denois im just worried that she wont eat anymore baby food and will be losing all the nutrients and im not sure how well she'll do with chewing our food.

thank you all for replying.
  • Well at this age all their nutrients are supplied through bm/formula and baby food and table food is more like practice.
  • ohh okay well thats good to know thank you. @Steph_Due_101611
  • You're welcome some days my lo will have formula and some snacks throughout the day
  • Those fruit feeders r hard to clean especially with banana Cartier is less interested in baby food and wants real food even though he still only has two teeth
  • I have the exact opposite problem mine will be one in the 17th and wants nothing to do with real food only wants baby food
  • @Eeyore oh wow idk which is worst lol.